Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT major gloat

Last week I had a minor gloat with a load of Ash I picked up.
This weeks MAJOR gloat is that my son phoned with the news
that I'm gonna be a grandpappy for the 1st time.
Never thought I'd see the day

Micky

Posted to rec.woodworking

Micky wrote:
| Last week I had a minor gloat with a load of Ash I picked up.
| This weeks MAJOR gloat is that my son phoned with the news
| that I'm gonna be a grandpappy for the 1st time.
| Never thought I'd see the day

Congratulations and...

.... */CONGRATULATIONS/* !!!

Yes indeedy - you definitely suck!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Micky" wrote:
Last week I had a minor gloat with a load of Ash I picked up.
This weeks MAJOR gloat is that my son phoned with the news
that I'm gonna be a grandpappy for the 1st time.
Never thought I'd see the day

Congratulations, Gramps -- and on Father's Day, no less!

I'm still a few years away from that. At least I'd better be. (#1 is still a
teenager, until next spring.)

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Micky" wrote in message
Last week I had a minor gloat with a load of Ash I picked up.
This weeks MAJOR gloat is that my son phoned with the news
that I'm gonna be a grandpappy for the 1st time.
Never thought I'd see the day

Micky

*Much hand shaking and back slapping!*
Congratulations.

You will now know the meanining of those wise words once posted on a bumper
by an unknown prophet:
"If I had known being a grandparent was going to be so much fun, I would
have done that first!"

Kate
(3 year old Nick's Grandma)

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Morris Dovey" wrote in news:4675577b$0$495$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

Micky wrote:
| Last week I had a minor gloat with a load of Ash I picked up.
| This weeks MAJOR gloat is that my son phoned with the news
| that I'm gonna be a grandpappy for the 1st time.
| Never thought I'd see the day

Congratulations and...

... */CONGRATULATIONS/* !!!

Yes indeedy - you definitely suck!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

I'll add my congratulations. That's indeed a major gloat. Got 2
granddaughters (11, 7) and a grandson (10 mo). Is indeed sweet revenge on
one's kids!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the nice comments folks.
At least now I have some ideas for what to make with
some of that Ash I scored last week.
(cribs, cradles, toys etc.)

Micky

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

| Tell the kid now it's gonna be pay back time.

I can remember back when I was about twelve, my very exasperated
mother said: "I hope you have kids just like /you/!"

It's a lot easier to chuckle about that now they're grown. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Micky wrote:
Last week I had a minor gloat with a load of Ash I picked up.
This weeks MAJOR gloat is that my son phoned with the news
that I'm gonna be a grandpappy for the 1st time.
Never thought I'd see the day

Micky

G'day Micky,
Congratulations.
It is truly a great thing having Grand kids.
You can spoil them rotten, then send them hame to their parents
Heres to many happy and fun filled years
regards
John

A sort of major gloat... Prometheus Woodturning 10 December 17th 06 04:38 AM
Major Goat J T Woodworking 15 October 4th 06 12:02 AM
Man makes 86 YO mother split own wood! Was: Possible Gloat/real gloat LRod Woodworking 0 May 3rd 06 04:32 PM
Major, major, major Lee Valley gloat. Dave Balderstone Woodworking 39 June 15th 05 11:08 AM
GLOAT MAJOR GLOAT A REALLY BIG GLOAT jerry Woodworking 22 December 19th 04 05:33 PM