Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Major Goat

Out in the shop today and had occasion to use a drill. Spotted a
B&D variable speed, reversible, drill, that I have no idea where it came
from. So, gave it a shot. Worked fine.

That's when it struck me, one of my two sons must have left this at
one time or another. Ah, say I, I'll paint this sucker and then it'll
be mine. At it turned out I didn't have any bright yellow, but did have
some buttercup yellow. The paint was in a small glass bottle and the
top was sealed on by old paint. Poked a hole in the lid and proceeded.
I felt great. My sons are in the habit of "borrowing" s tuff f rom me,
usually tools, and that's usually the last I ever see of whatever. So
this time I got something from one of them. Major gloat. Very petty to
be sure, and even more satisfying for that very reason. Those of you
with kids old enough to "borrow" stuff will understand. It's been a
great day.

For those of you that don't know, I paint all my tools - yellow -
for various reasons, make the shop brighter/cheerier, actually has
therapeutic value, and an unexpected bonus - my kids refuse to use my
painted tools let alone "borrow" them. Plus it makes them stand out a
lot more when you're looking for one. So, I now own a "new" tool,
courtesy of one of my sons. And now he won't dare to try to reclaim it,
because it's already painted, which automatically proclaims it as one of
mine. Ahhhh, life is basically good.

JOAT
Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice goat, Goat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , J T

Nothing at all about a goat...
Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
[...]

This sounds suspiciously like a case of "forgodihadit". "Forgodihadit"
is frequently experienced by older males who have some amount of
discretionary income. The syndrome is manifest when a person
"discovers" something he (or occasionally, "she") had purchased but had
not laid eyes on for sufficient time to become void of memory
concerning the item.

All tongue-in-cheek, of course. Methinks thou suckest mightily.

JLarsson

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

I felt great. [snipperoonie] Ahhhh, life is basically good.

One of my kids left a 3-foot long serrated knife. HUGE!
So I asked, WTF is this thing? It is so big?
"It's bread knife, dad... for 4 loafs at once!"

Indeed. It was a four-loaf cleaver.

(I have been drinking)

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
Robatoy wrote:

a four-loaf cleaver.

throws things at Robatoy

GROAN
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
[...]

It seems a variation on the old finders, keepers rule.

Or Ferengi salvage rights.

Posted to rec.woodworking

(J T) wrote in news:22430-44DBB876-500@storefull-
3331.bay.webtv.net:

[...]

If you thing that your son's borrowing is bad, my son has lost 85% or more
of a complete set of sockets and wrenches. I had every possible 12 and 6
point socket in every drive made. I am down to a few 3/8" drive sockets
and a partial set of 12 point combination wrenches all made by a variety of
manufacturers. No 3/8" ratchets and one 1/2" ratchet. I used to have 3 of
each. No extensions at all.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote
SNIP
For those of you that don't know, I paint all my tools - yellow -

SNIP
an unexpected bonus - my kids refuse to use my painted tools let alone
"borrow" them.
SNIP

J T -
If you REALLY want to keep their hands off . . . as well as other
'user/borrowers' . . . paint then bright PINK !!

{Can't really claim credit for this . . . a certain Arizona Sherriff did
this with the prisoner's underwear . . . so they wouldn't steal and sell
them !!}

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tanus" wrote in message ...

BTW, JT, I bought a book on your recommendation. It's 200 Jigs by
Capotosto. You thought it was out of print, and maybe it is in the US, but
I picked it up here in Canada. It's everything you said it was and more.

200 Original Shop Aids & Jigs For Woodworkers (Paperback)
by Rosario Capotosto

31 used & new available from $2.48

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/080...lance&n=283155

-- Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:21:13 GMT, "R. Pierce Butler"
wrote:

Da-Glo orange works for me. Yellow is too common.

But JOAT is sort of a Dewalt guy... *g*

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis