Posted to rec.woodworking
Anon Ymous Anon Ymous is offline

Default Major Goat

I have a friend who is pretty smart. He paints all of his tools pink. No
one seems to want to borrow them much less keep them!

J T wrote:
Out in the shop today and had occasion to use a drill. Spotted a
B&D variable speed, reversible, drill, that I have no idea where it came
from. So, gave it a shot. Worked fine.

That's when it struck me, one of my two sons must have left this at
one time or another. Ah, say I, I'll paint this sucker and then it'll
be mine. At it turned out I didn't have any bright yellow, but did have
some buttercup yellow. The paint was in a small glass bottle and the
top was sealed on by old paint. Poked a hole in the lid and proceeded.
I felt great. My sons are in the habit of "borrowing" s tuff f rom me,
usually tools, and that's usually the last I ever see of whatever. So
this time I got something from one of them. Major gloat. Very petty to
be sure, and even more satisfying for that very reason. Those of you
with kids old enough to "borrow" stuff will understand. It's been a
great day.

For those of you that don't know, I paint all my tools - yellow -
for various reasons, make the shop brighter/cheerier, actually has
therapeutic value, and an unexpected bonus - my kids refuse to use my
painted tools let alone "borrow" them. Plus it makes them stand out a
lot more when you're looking for one. So, I now own a "new" tool,
courtesy of one of my sons. And now he won't dare to try to reclaim it,
because it's already painted, which automatically proclaims it as one of
mine. Ahhhh, life is basically good.

JOAT
Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.