Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Major Goat

Fri, Aug 11, 2006, 1:31pm (EDT+4)
(R.*Pierce*Butler) doth lament:
If you thing that your son's borrowing is bad, my son has lost 85% or
more of a complete set of sockets and wrenches. snip

I own a good quality air compressor. I've owned it for years. I
think I've seen it for a total of about 3 times. It shows up every once
in awhile on the way to a ew location. I shoulda painted it.

Try painting the tools you've got left, and any new tools you get.
Worked wonders for mine.

If I ask one about a missing tool(s) the answer is always the same,
"I haven't seen it". I tend to hide my tools now.

For those of you who look down at HF tools, because they won't last
long, if they're lost bfore they break, price gets a lot more important,
and quality a lot less. Actually, I find that HF tools do last, just
that their finish isn't as fancy.

JOAT
Teamwork is very important. It gives you someone to blame.