Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ping: Thomas Gauldin

I'm trying to build a Jakes Chair and it would very much help if I had
the overall dims for part#4 & #5. The drawings give the length, but not
the width.

The mailto: link on your site is kaput. Mindspring returns:

Technical details of permanent failu
PERM_FAILU SMTP Error (state 13): 550
unknown

TIA,

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000748-1, 06/08/2007
Tested on: 6/8/2007 10:42:48 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Haven't heard from Tom here in a long time .. .. .. he used to frequent
rec.travel.cruises but I haven't seen him there lately either.
His house in N.C. burned a few years ago and he moved to Las Vegas if
that helps any.

BillinDetroit wrote:
I'm trying to build a Jakes Chair and it would very much help if I had
the overall dims for part#4 & #5. The drawings give the length, but not
the width.

The mailto: link on your site is kaput. Mindspring returns:

Technical details of permanent failu
PERM_FAILU SMTP Error (state 13): 550
unknown

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 8, 9:42 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:
I'm trying to build a Jakes Chair and it would very much help if I had the overall dims for part#4 & #5. The drawings give the length, but not
the width.

Hey Bill! How's the website biz going? Well, I hope.
I noticed you haven't been on the turning ng much lately so I am
assuming you are busy counting all your money!

Well, I hope so anyway.

Try this:

http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html

I have had this link for a few years and still never built the
chairs. Talked to some that have and they said they are pretty
comfortable. I have seen some interesting mods like making them
taller, adjustable, etc. No plans on the mods, though.

Just to check it out I downloaded the zip and it still works and the
file pages are quite readable.

I hope you post some pics when finished.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , BillinDetroit wrote:
I'm trying to build a Jakes Chair and it would very much help if I had
the overall dims for part#4 & #5. The drawings give the length, but not
the width.

The mailto: link on your site is kaput. Mindspring returns:

If Tom doesn't see this message himself and respond to you, email me at the
address in my sig below. I have an email address for Tom that was valid as of
July 2004. I won't publish it here without his permission.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Jun 8, 9:42 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:
I'm trying to build a Jakes Chair and it would very much help if I had the overall dims for part#4 & #5. The drawings give the length, but not
the width.

Hey Bill! How's the website biz going? Well, I hope.
I noticed you haven't been on the turning ng much lately so I am
assuming you are busy counting all your money!

Well, I hope so anyway.

Try this:

http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html

Thanks for the link ... I'll look at it in a few moments.

I've been extremely busy of late with congregation responsibilities and
fixing up my own home, too. I had a lot of projects that I had just
about talked to death - it was time to either do them or tuck my tail
between my legs and concede defeat. Several of them are done and the
others are (for the most part) at least begun. My front yard of this
week bares little resemblance to my front yard of two weeks ago. I am
just 8 paving stones from done. Hooray!!!!

The back yard is next, and I've already made a small beginning.

I have also been carving on an otherwise unimpressive box elder bowl --
just an ivy pattern to get a sense for how it's done. I turned this one
with the intention of making it stout enough to serve as a utilitarian
fruit bowl after carving so there's a lot of wood in the walls -- about
2/3 of which has to come out by hand.

Chalk up a few hours toward my education. I am due for jurying with the
Ann Arbor guild in November, so I'm trying to stretch a little. I have
some nice translucent pieces already but I also have a few ideas for
carvings I want to try out.

I CAN say very good things for the Proxxon reciprocating carver. Now,
however, I've got learn to sharpen gouges a whole lot better! Out of the
box, the Proxxon tools cut shavings you could see through. It cost me
two band-aids to learn to take them seriously.

Hopefully I've learned my lesson with only small slices.

I've never gotten along with CAD programs, so I'll probably just make up
a trammel for the radii and wing-it for the dog ear length and curves.

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000748-2, 06/09/2007
Tested on: 6/9/2007 10:47:00 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
[...]

Hey ... that's excellent! The site I originally got the plans from,
while otherwise apparently identical, had the N. Carolina address and an
ancient email. This one has fresher contact info!

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000748-2, 06/09/2007
Tested on: 6/9/2007 10:49:33 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:

Hey ... that's excellent! The site I originally got the plans from,
while otherwise apparently identical, had the N. Carolina address and an
ancient email. This one has fresher contact info!

Bill

But not, apparently, fresh enough.

:
24.234.0.71 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 : Recipient address rejected:
User unknown in local recipient table
Giving up on 24.234.0.71.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000748-2, 06/09/2007
Tested on: 6/9/2007 10:58:01 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:

Hey ... that's excellent! The site I originally got the plans from,
while otherwise apparently identical, had the N. Carolina address and an
ancient email. This one has fresher contact info!

Bill

But not, apparently, fresh enough.

:
24.234.0.71 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 : Recipient address rejected:
User unknown in local recipient table
Giving up on 24.234.0.71.

Email me, and I'll give you the address I have for him. My real email address
is in my sig below, not in the Reply-To header of this post.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 9, 9:58 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:
BillinDetroit wrote:

But not, apparently, fresh enough.

Bill....

Check out the link on the page to the zip file. NO need to bother the
guy. At one time the plans were very popular so I would imagine he
doesn't regularly check emails as he probably gets all manner of
questions about material, assembly, etc. that people want free advice
on when using his free plans.

Follow the link I put in the first response, then go 3/4 down the page
until you see this sentence:

The plans, photographs and text file for Jake's chair and its
matching footstool are available in .ZIP format absolutely FREE here.

"here" is highlighted, and is a working hot link. Click on "here" and
it will take you to the plans. All pages are perfectly readable.

Robert

Thomas T leaking. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 7 July 13th 06 09:56 AM
Fly by night PING PING Shopdog Woodworking 6 May 18th 06 04:08 AM
Thomas Moser Finish? Woody Woodworking 6 August 22nd 05 09:17 PM
Thomas-the-Train-Router-Bits? stoutman Woodworking 6 May 31st 05 03:30 AM
Interview with Thomas Scarborough CIRCUIT EXCHANGE INTERNATIONAL Electronics 0 January 10th 05 05:13 PM