Posted to rec.woodworking

Default new woodworking machinery company

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...cle.aspx?id=26
320

I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick
your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,
yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your
containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start

Posted to rec.woodworking

"calvert arnold" wrote in message

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...cle.aspx?id=26
320
I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick

They've been around a little while. I had a look at their machinery when I
went to the Toronto woodworking show in March. I'd say they're pretty close
in quality to Jet tools. My preference will remain with General tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On Jun 3, 5:48 pm, "calvert arnold" wrote:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ideArticle.asp...
320

I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick
your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,
yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your
containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start

Link got munged in reader or some other browser problem -- got empty
page except for paid for links (which is really getting to the point
as to making me not even approach the Taunton site any longer as a
side peeve )...

So, which name is the subject one?

Posted to rec.woodworking
xcz xcz is offline

Link got munged in reader or some other browser problem -- got empty
page except for paid for links (which is really getting to the point
as to making me not even approach the Taunton site any longer as a
side peeve )...

So, which name is the subject one?

Steel City Tool Works

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor
OnlineToolReviews.com
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 150+ free tool reviews online!

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ideArticle.asp...
320

Link got munged in reader or some other browser problem -- got empty
page except for paid for links

It's just wrapped - click the link, and when it takes you to the empty
page, add 320 to the end of the URL and you get the article mentioned
in the OP. I've seen several other articles about Steel City in
various magazines, and from the reviews I've read there and in NGs, it
sounds like they're decent stuff. I'd love a DP with 6" of quill
travel, for instance.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy wrote:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ideArticle.asp...
320

Link got munged in reader or some other browser problem -- got empty
page except for paid for links

It's just wrapped - click the link, and when it takes you to the empty
page, add 320 to the end of the URL and you get the article mentioned
in the OP. I've seen several other articles about Steel City in
various magazines, and from the reviews I've read there and in NGs, it
sounds like they're decent stuff. I'd love a DP with 6" of quill
travel, for instance.
Andy

If you enclose links in angle brackets, "link," the links do not get all
screwed up

Posted to rec.woodworking

This is how you start a business if you want to get into retail and
have some money to invest. I'm not trying to sound negative, but what
is your point?

Pete Stanaitis
------------------------

calvert arnold wrote:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...cle.aspx?id=26
320

I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick
your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,
yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your
containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On Jun 4, 10:42 am, Andy wrote:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ideArticle.asp...
320

Link got munged in reader or some other browser problem -- got empty
page except for paid for links

It's just wrapped - ...add 320 to the end of the URL ...

Oh, my bad! Missed it initially...

I've seen several other articles about Steel City in
various magazines, and from the reviews I've read there and in NGs, it
sounds like they're decent stuff. I'd love a DP with 6" of quill
travel, for instance.

Yeah, OK, I've seen them mentioned as well...wondered who was the
money/whatever behind it. Seems like a little risky business to start
in -- it's not like there aren't already a gazillion importers, but
there also seems to be a near insatiable demand. Guess until the next
sizable economic downturn, then we'll see how many shake out and who
has the staying power...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 3, 6:48 pm, "calvert arnold" wrote:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ideArticle.asp...
320

I guess we can all start our own woodworking machinery company. You
just need a lot of cash, you pay yourself a trip to China, you pick
your suppliers and you pick your "company official color". Sorry,
yellow, red, gray, green, blue, white are already taken. You get your
containers full of Chinese made tools back in America and you start

Can't use your link but guess from other responses that you are
talking about
Steel City. I bought a cabinet saw from them, same design as some
other
brands but built to a little higher standard. They also provided the
best service
of any tool company I have ever had to deal with. When my fence proved
slightly out of whack I made one call, to one person, and my new fence
was
at my house within 3 days. Steel City didn't even demand That I pack
up the
old fence and return it. I have called several times since to clarify
several things
and have always found myself talking to one person one time. I will
continue
to support them with my business in the future. It's a little more
complicated
than picking a logo and colors.