Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bench for lathe...

I am going to make a bench for a lathe in my garage.

It would be easiest and sturdiest to attach some 2x4s to the garage framing;
won't move around for anything that way. I could even run braces to the
framing also, and have no legs to get in the way of cleaning up. The
downside is that it can't be moved.
I can't see any reason I would ever want to move a lathe. What do you
think?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well, I frequently change my mind about where I want tools.

If it's a big lathe, ya might shake the paint off the wall when you put on a
big bowl blank.

I'd try it, but mount it with bolts, so if you learn something about how you
SHOULD have mounted it later, you can change it easily.

Old Guy

"Toller" wrote in message
I am going to make a bench for a lathe in my garage.

It would be easiest and sturdiest to attach some 2x4s to the garage
framing; won't move around for anything that way. I could even run braces
to the framing also, and have no legs to get in the way of cleaning up.
The downside is that it can't be moved.
I can't see any reason I would ever want to move a lathe. What do you
think?

Das Lathe Bench - Up and Running charlie b Woodturning 2 March 16th 06 08:47 AM
Das Lathe Bench charlie b Woodturning 17 March 2nd 06 04:00 PM
Mini/Midi Lathe Bench in a.b.p.w. charlie b Woodworking 0 February 20th 06 07:23 PM
OT - South Bend Bench Lathe Gunner Metalworking 15 September 25th 05 04:36 AM
Restored Cataract Bench Lathe Jim and Jackie Instone Metalworking 10 June 9th 04 02:50 AM