Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Bench for lathe...

Mon, Jun 4, 2007, 12:51am (EDT+4) (Toller) doth
announce:
I am going to make a bench for a lathe in my garage.snip What do you
think?

I think I made my lathe stand out of 3/4" plywood, and the only
thing it's fastened to is the lathe. It's patterened vaguely after
after te factory metal stand, which would have cost $45, plus shipping.
I've got arund $15 in the stand. It's very sturdy, and no vibraton,
except some when starting up with a rough piece mound, until I round it
down. I move it out when I use it, and back when I finish. No tendency
to walk at all. If I were going to make another, I make one similar -
not identical, because I don't remember how made the first one, and
probably couldn't duplicate it if I had to.

You can bolt it to te wall if you wat, but sooner or later you'l
want to move it. I shifted my bndsaw awhile back, it stood on a glued
in, bolted in, base. So I unbolted it, cut it, shifted it, reglued it,
rebolted it, and viola, done, no prob. .

JOAT
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new
humiliations?
- Peter Egan