Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Where to get raw materials in PA?

I've been out of the hobby for more than 20 years and have recently
been buying up power tools to start up some new projects. I need
lumber, hardwoods like oak in raw form. I can plane down rough cut
wood but, don't know where to get the material.
Home depot is something i'd like to avoid, besides there MUST be
better options out there...

Thanks in advance..
Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been out of the hobby for more than 20 years and have recently
been buying up power tools to start up some new projects. I need
lumber, hardwoods like oak in raw form. I can plane down rough cut
wood but, don't know where to get the material.
Home depot is something i'd like to avoid, besides there MUST be
better options out there...

Best would be to ask other woodworkers where they shop.
If you don't know any, try the yellow pages under woodworking supplies.

If you want it really raw, there are trees everywhere. I have done it for
fun, but too much work for every day use.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
I've been out of the hobby for more than 20 years and have recently
been buying up power tools to start up some new projects. I need
lumber, hardwoods like oak in raw form. I can plane down rough cut
wood but, don't know where to get the material.
Home depot is something i'd like to avoid, besides there MUST be
better options out there...

Thanks in advance..
Joe

I'm not really trying (too hard) to be a smart ass, but there is certainly
no shortage of lumber yards in Bucks County Pa.

(I lived in neighboring Schuykil County some years ago.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

hardwoods like oak in raw form. I can plane down rough cut wood but,
don't know where to get the material. Home depot is something i'd like
to avoid, besides there MUST be better options out there...

Definitely better options than HD. Look around eBay - I know I've
come across a few lumber-specific sellers from various places in PA
(just a little too far from me to be practical). Also, check the ads
in the back of woodworking magazines - I happen to have a FWW in front
of me, and groffslumber.com and westpennhardwoods.com are 2
advertisers from PA. Hopefully someone in this newsgroup can
recommend a specific place that'll be local to you - a good hardwood
dealer is a great thing to have nearby.
Good luck and have fun re-picking-up the hobby!
Andy

Materials for casting Fred Holder Woodturning 13 May 10th 06 04:38 AM
Building Materials [email protected] Home Repair 9 May 2nd 06 05:04 PM
Deck Materials? PaPaPeng Home Repair 4 May 17th 05 04:47 PM
composite materials myren, lord Metalworking 4 March 3rd 05 04:59 PM
CANT GET MATERIALS W/O CASH masatosan Metalworking 0 February 15th 05 01:44 AM