Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Where to get raw materials in PA?

hardwoods like oak in raw form. I can plane down rough cut wood but,
don't know where to get the material. Home depot is something i'd like
to avoid, besides there MUST be better options out there...

Definitely better options than HD. Look around eBay - I know I've
come across a few lumber-specific sellers from various places in PA
(just a little too far from me to be practical). Also, check the ads
in the back of woodworking magazines - I happen to have a FWW in front
of me, and groffslumber.com and westpennhardwoods.com are 2
advertisers from PA. Hopefully someone in this newsgroup can
recommend a specific place that'll be local to you - a good hardwood
dealer is a great thing to have nearby.
Good luck and have fun re-picking-up the hobby!
Andy