Posted to rec.woodworking

Default JessEm Mast-R-Lift

I want to purchase a router lift for my PC7518. The candidates under
consideration include the JessEm Mast-R-Lift. This product underwent a
design change a few years ago. The older product had the height
adjustment located near a corner of the plate, with a belt connecting it
to the height adjusting leadscrew. The newer version exposes the top of
the leadscrew, eliminating the belt. It is the new version that I am
interested in.

Alas, JessEm chose not to change the model number when they revised the
design. Photographs of the Mast-R-Lift on Amazon and a few other on-line
retailers are of the older model. When I inquired with JessEm about
this, they told me that the new design has been shipping for at least 2
years, so it is unlikely that Amazon would be shipping the old version.
When I asked Amazon to verify this, they could not do so.

Too bad. By a sizeable margin, Amazon has the best pricing on this that
I have found. And free shipping to boot. I am reluctant to risk
receiving the older design, and the subsequent hassle of a return on my
dime.

So, fellow wreckers, I seek your help. Have any of you purchased and
received the newer design Mast-R-Lift from Amazon? Or another reliable
on-line vendor?

Or should I just go with the PRL, and be done with it?

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hello Art,
I think you may have the orientation backward. I bought my Masterlift
about 18 months ago and its adjustement port is at 6 O'Clock and
directly operates the screw. All of the versions i see at my local
woodshops have the adjuster near the lower right corner. I have had
some instances where I had a fence set up across the centerline of the
cutter and needed to make a height adjustment which necessitated
repositioning the fence. I was thinking about reorienting my insert
on the table in the not too distant future.
Anyway, I do enjoy the lift but I can not compare it to any other
model.

Marc
On Mar 20, 3:46 pm, Art Greenberg wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 20 Mar 2007 17:51:56 -0700, marc rosen wrote:

Hello Art,
I think you may have the orientation backward. I bought my Masterlift
about 18 months ago and its adjustement port is at 6 O'Clock and
directly operates the screw. All of the versions i see at my local
woodshops have the adjuster near the lower right corner.

Marc, JessEm assures me that the -newer- version has the direct drive
height adjustment, and that's the one pictured on their website.

I have had some instances where I had a fence set up across the
centerline of the cutter and needed to make a height adjustment which
necessitated repositioning the fence. I was thinking about
reorienting my insert on the table in the not too distant future.

It wouldn't matter then, if the adjustment was on that same side in the
corner. The plate should be oriented so that side is away from the
fence.

Anyway, I do enjoy the lift but I can not compare it to any other
model.

Thanks!

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:16:49 -0400, tdup2 wrote:
Bought it and love it.
http://www.woodpeck.com/quicklift420.html

Tim

Thanks, Tim, but that's not the Mast-R-Lift, and its not the PRL.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net

JessEm Mast-R-Slide Cross Cut Table ger Woodworking 3 November 6th 06 04:40 PM
Jessem Mast R Slide Vic Woodworking 4 October 12th 06 03:27 PM
Does a Jessem Mast-R-Lift fit Woodpecker Tables cut outs? [email protected] Woodworking 0 May 10th 05 05:53 PM
Jessem FX / Rockler FX router lift - anyone have one? igor Woodworking 5 February 2nd 05 01:35 PM
JessEm Mast R Lift Template Collar Size? Unisaw A100 Woodworking 2 July 27th 04 10:23 AM