Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default JessEm Mast-R-Lift

Hello Art,
I think you may have the orientation backward. I bought my Masterlift
about 18 months ago and its adjustement port is at 6 O'Clock and
directly operates the screw. All of the versions i see at my local
woodshops have the adjuster near the lower right corner. I have had
some instances where I had a fence set up across the centerline of the
cutter and needed to make a height adjustment which necessitated
repositioning the fence. I was thinking about reorienting my insert
on the table in the not too distant future.
Anyway, I do enjoy the lift but I can not compare it to any other
model.

Marc
On Mar 20, 3:46 pm, Art Greenberg wrote:
I want to purchase a router lift for my PC7518. The candidates under
consideration include the JessEm Mast-R-Lift. This product underwent a
design change a few years ago. The older product had the height
adjustment located near a corner of the plate, with a belt connecting it
to the height adjusting leadscrew. The newer version exposes the top of
the leadscrew, eliminating the belt. It is the new version that I am
interested in.

Alas, JessEm chose not to change the model number when they revised the
design. Photographs of the Mast-R-Lift on Amazon and a few other on-line
retailers are of the older model. When I inquired with JessEm about
this, they told me that the new design has been shipping for at least 2
years, so it is unlikely that Amazon would be shipping the old version.
When I asked Amazon to verify this, they could not do so.

Too bad. By a sizeable margin, Amazon has the best pricing on this that
I have found. And free shipping to boot. I am reluctant to risk
receiving the older design, and the subsequent hassle of a return on my
dime.

So, fellow wreckers, I seek your help. Have any of you purchased and
received the newer design Mast-R-Lift from Amazon? Or another reliable
on-line vendor?

Or should I just go with the PRL, and be done with it?

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net