Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fein service follow up

I never saw my post and had to go to Google to see if it made it. I also
checked the responses.

About 30 minutes after I posted the previous message, Bob Hilliard from Fein
in PA called me back and accepted my suggestion. They are shipping me a
replacement unit today and I will return mine when it gets here. They are
prepaying shipping both ways this time.

I think they have done every thing that they possibly could, considering the
circumstances. They appear to want to be responsible for their screw up.

Is their service after the sale good? Not for me. I should not have had to
deal with this problem a second time.

Are they making every effort to fix the problem, Absolutely.

Swingman, thank you for the offer of a solution. I am beginning a new job
Friday and will put this little project on hold. Hopefully the replacement
tool will be here early next week before I finish the job.
BTY the segmented saw blade works pretty good using the Multimaster
manually. ;~) I am in the middle of a veneer job and was hoping to use the
Multimaster to trim the veneer.

Are you under water yet. It was raining so hard here a few minutes ago that
I could not see the back yard neighbors house. I got 1 inch of rain in
about 15 minutes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 14, 5:33 pm, "Leon" wrote:

I think they have done every thing that they possibly could, considering the
circumstances. They appear to want to be responsible for their screw up.

Is their service after the sale good? Not for me. I should not have had to
deal with this problem a second time.

Are they making every effort to fix the problem, Absolutely.

A very large fabricator of solid surface/friend of mine has had
nothing but good things to say about those few times he had to deal
with Fein Canada. My personal experience, although limited, has been
stellar.

I would recommend Fein to anybody. Nikon? Not so much.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

manually. ;~) I am in the middle of a veneer job and was hoping to use

the
Multimaster to trim the veneer.

Swim on up here and get mine!

Are you under water yet. It was raining so hard here a few minutes ago

that
I could not see the back yard neighbors house. I got 1 inch of rain in
about 15 minutes.

Not too bad for a city who hires engineers who know less than the developers
of 75 years ago. They still haven't figured out that lowering streets 3'
results in flooded streets, a problem we've only had since they pulled that
bonehead stunt about five years ago.

Duhh ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

A very large fabricator of solid surface/friend of mine has had
nothing but good things to say about those few times he had to deal
with Fein Canada. My personal experience, although limited, has been
stellar.

I would recommend Fein to anybody. Nikon? Not so much.

I would also recommend the Fein tool to most any one also. I am not saying
that the tool is not of good quality only that the QC at the PA Fein repair
station was lacking in this instance. I am also saying they apparently
recognize the problem and are doing what a reasonable person would expect at
this point.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Are you under water yet. It was raining so hard here a few minutes ago that
I could not see the back yard neighbors house. I got 1 inch of rain in
about 15 minutes.

Would that be in or around Austin? Friend there says they got 5 1/2"
of rain overnight. The phrase "God willing - and the creek don't
rise"
is not just a saying in central Texas. The weather there can change
four times in a single 24 hour period - Mother Nature with PMS.

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

"charlieb" wrote in message ...
Leon wrote:

Are you under water yet. It was raining so hard here a few minutes ago

that
I could not see the back yard neighbors house. I got 1 inch of rain in
about 15 minutes.

Would that be in or around Austin? Friend there says they got 5 1/2"
of rain overnight. The phrase "God willing - and the creek don't
rise"
is not just a saying in central Texas. The weather there can change
four times in a single 24 hour period - Mother Nature with PMS.

Leon's in Houston about 10 miles from me. Yesterday afternoon we had the
worst rain here in my area of town that I've seen since SE Asia, where I
once saw 19" of rain in one afternoon. At one point yesterday I literally
could not see my truck in the street, 50' away from the front porch.

Not even Allison (the 'tropical storm' that cost me a home in '01) could
compare in intensity, but thank goodness not duration.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"charlieb" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

Are you under water yet. It was raining so hard here a few minutes ago
that
I could not see the back yard neighbors house. I got 1 inch of rain in
about 15 minutes.

Would that be in or around Austin? Friend there says they got 5 1/2"
of rain overnight. The phrase "God willing - and the creek don't
rise"
is not just a saying in central Texas. The weather there can change
four times in a single 24 hour period - Mother Nature with PMS.

charlie b

No, in Houston. Austin is in the "Hill Country" and a rain like that can
cause some serious flash flooding.
In June of 2001 Houston got 35 inches one weekend. One of the major
freeways near Swingman drops about 20'-25' below normal ground level for
several miles and it looked like the Panama Canal. It was completely full
of water. IIRC that section of freeway was completely closed down for
several days while the water drained out.

fein multimaster Renata Woodworking 14 September 21st 06 08:06 PM
Re fein multimaster srazor Woodworking 0 September 14th 06 04:15 PM
My Fein MultiMaster impression. Robatoy Woodworking 10 March 28th 06 06:16 AM
Fein Multimaster [email protected] UK diy 34 November 4th 05 04:34 AM
Fein RichardS UK diy 5 August 30th 03 11:11 AM