Posted to rec.woodworking

Default safety device

Did you ever have to stop your bandsaw to pull a small piece of wood
out of the throat? Here's something
that you can make in 10 minutes out of a scrap piece of oak that may
save you a finger or two, besides
eliminating that shutoff. No gluing is necessary, just cut it out of
one piece of wood.

www.edswoods.com/appendix.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 10:19 pm, "
wrote:
Did you ever have to stop your bandsaw to pull a small piece of wood
out of the throat? Here's something
that you can make in 10 minutes out of a scrap piece of oak that may
save you a finger or two, besides
eliminating that shutoff. No gluing is necessary, just cut it out of
one piece of wood.

www.edswoods.com/appendix.html

I made a zero-clearance insert for my bandsaw. Prevents anything but
dust/curlies from getting through the table. When I need to move
something away from the area near the blade, any old semi-pointy stick
works fine.

I do like the idea of bandsawing large forceps, though. You might
send that in to one of the magazines, and see if they'll send you some
cash for the tip.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 10:43 pm, "Andy" wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:19 pm, "
wrote:

Did you ever have to stop your bandsaw to pull a small piece of wood
out of the throat? Here's something
that you can make in 10 minutes out of a scrap piece of oak that may
save you a finger or two, besides
eliminating that shutoff. No gluing is necessary, just cut it out of
one piece of wood.

www.edswoods.com/appendix.html

I made a zero-clearance insert for my bandsaw. Prevents anything but
dust/curlies from getting through the table. When I need to move
something away from the area near the blade, any old semi-pointy stick
works fine.

I do like the idea of bandsawing large forceps, though. You might
send that in to one of the magazines, and see if they'll send you some
cash for the tip.
Andy

I wish I coud get a zero clearance insert to work for me. When I'm
cutting
small shapes with tight curves, a small but solid wedge-shaped piece
always
manages to jam into the side of the blade, almost stopping it.
Ed

Is it possible to convert an USB wire device to a bluetooth device? Frank Electronics Repair 2 December 2nd 06 02:20 AM
Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule George Max Woodworking 256 September 16th 06 06:03 PM
Device name? Bill Kehm Metalworking 6 February 6th 06 09:55 PM
Anybody actually seen this new safety device? Mike G Woodworking 99 July 5th 04 02:41 PM