Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] edswoods@comcast.net is offline

Default safety device

On Feb 20, 10:43 pm, "Andy" wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:19 pm, "
wrote:

Did you ever have to stop your bandsaw to pull a small piece of wood
out of the throat? Here's something
that you can make in 10 minutes out of a scrap piece of oak that may
save you a finger or two, besides
eliminating that shutoff. No gluing is necessary, just cut it out of
one piece of wood.

www.edswoods.com/appendix.html

I made a zero-clearance insert for my bandsaw. Prevents anything but
dust/curlies from getting through the table. When I need to move
something away from the area near the blade, any old semi-pointy stick
works fine.

I do like the idea of bandsawing large forceps, though. You might
send that in to one of the magazines, and see if they'll send you some
cash for the tip.
Andy

I wish I coud get a zero clearance insert to work for me. When I'm
cutting
small shapes with tight curves, a small but solid wedge-shaped piece
always
manages to jam into the side of the blade, almost stopping it.
Ed