Posted to rec.woodworking
TH TH is offline

Default Dust Collector question

I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job controlling
the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2 Hp
range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all seem
similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that they
would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"TH" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job controlling
the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2 Hp
range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all seem
similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that
they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

I have the Oneida Super Dust Gorilla (2 HP). Love it. I consider it the best
investment I have ever made in my shop.
I "shopped" Grizzly and Penn State as well but all things considered; price,
fittings, service, shipping, reputation, *performance numbers*,
construction, etc.,
I decided on Oneida.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

TH wrote:

I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job controlling
the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2 Hp
range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all seem
similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that they
would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

google "Pentz". Bill has done a great deal of analysis and testing.
His site
has more than you probably want to know but worth going through.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:49:25 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

TH wrote:

I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job controlling
the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2 Hp
range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all seem
similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that they
would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

google "Pentz". Bill has done a great deal of analysis and testing.
His site
has more than you probably want to know but worth going through.

Second that one--I'd take a Clearvue built to his design over any of
the ones from Oneida, Grizzly, or Penn State and probably save money
in the process.
Posted to rec.woodworking
TH TH is offline

wrote:

TH wrote:

I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job
controlling
the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2
Hp
range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all
seem
similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that
they
would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

google "Pentz". Bill has done a great deal of analysis and testing.
His site
has more than you probably want to know but worth going through.

Second that one--I'd take a Clearvue built to his design over any of
the ones from Oneida, Grizzly, or Penn State and probably save money
in the process.

Thanks. So there is a difference in design as well as differences in the
materials. I'll take another look at the clearviews.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 22:55:15 GMT, "TH" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

TH wrote:

[...]

FWIW, I went to clean the filters on mine (not a Clearvue but an
earlier iteration of Bill's design) the first time I emptied the
collecting barrel and found that there wasn't anything in them to
clean.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Just to make it easy:

http://billpentz.com//woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/index.htm

TH wrote:
I am outfitting a basement shop and need to do as good of a job controlling
the dust as I can. I am planning on a cyclone style collector in the 2 Hp
range. I have literature from Oneida, Grizzly and Penn State. They all seem
similar in design. Does anyone have experience with these products that they
would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the Clearvue and could not be happier. It does a great job of
collecting dust and the service Ed provides if you have questions or
problems is amazing.

Bob Heveri