Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Jig is worth more than my TS!

I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its
bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and
thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul so may as well pay now.

I now have a jig worth more than my TS g

Time to upgrade the TS.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its
bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and
thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul so may as well pay
now.

I now have a jig worth more than my TS g

Time to upgrade the TS.

Then, with a new TS, time to upgrade the workshop.........

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:09:26 -0500, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its
bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and
thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul so may as well pay now.

I now have a jig worth more than my TS g

Time to upgrade the TS.

That must be some TS
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
You're gonna love the D4.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its
bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and
thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul so may as well pay

now.

I now have a jig worth more than my TS g

Time to upgrade the TS.

Nice, I've been looking for a jig, the D4 is a little pricey, but the PC
can't do variable patterns, so I'll probably have to spring for the D4 or
the D1600. Also, the D4/1600 got the overall best review in FWW compared to
all the other jigs on the market.

Enjoy, and post some pics next door when you make one o them fancy joints!

JR

Posted to rec.woodworking

That must be some TS

Oh, it's a real piece of work!

here it is:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/woodshop.htm

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You're gonna love the D4.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I got a D1600 Leigh Dovetail jig for X-mas and exchanged it for it for its
bigger brother the D4R. I want the added versatility of doing wider and
thicker boards. I'm in this hobby for the long haul so may as well pay
now.

I now have a jig worth more than my TS g

Time to upgrade the TS.

Upgrade your TS to a cabinet saw and you will not be using your TS aligner
as much on it. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:17:40 -0500, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

That must be some TS

Oh, it's a real piece of work!

here it is:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/woodshop.htm

.
.
.

Thanks for the link.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Upgrade your TS to a cabinet saw and you will not be using your TS aligner
as much on it. ;~)

Yeah, good idea. If I get a cabinet saw I will never need to accurately
align my TS blade to any angle. I will also never need to accurately align
my fence square either!
I can go back to the old and slow way of sighting down a square to align my
blade to 90 too.

Come to think of it, I can also cut my dovetails by hand. Hmmmm.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Upgrade your TS to a cabinet saw and you will not be using your TS
aligner as much on it. ;~)

Yeah, good idea. If I get a cabinet saw I will never need to accurately
align my TS blade to any angle. I will also never need to accurately
align my fence square either!
I can go back to the old and slow way of sighting down a square to align
my blade to 90 too.

Come to think of it, I can also cut my dovetails by hand. Hmmmm.

No, I said not as much. LOL. You'll still need something for all the in
between angles. You'll be surprised as to how accurately the cabinet saws
stay in alignment.
You will love the Leigh, the F1 finger joint jig is great also. It's a no
brainer to use once you have it set up, the F1 jig that is.
The Leigh makes having dove tails fit the project vs. the other way around
an easy task.
Enjoy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The Leigh makes having dove tails fit the project vs. the other way around
an easy task.
Enjoy.

Yep. That was a BIG selling point for me. I haven't used it yet, but I
have it attached to my bench. Looks really good in the shop

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
That must be some TS

Oh, it's a real piece of work!

here it is:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/woodshop.htm

Yep.... definitely time to upgrade the TS. OTOH, love your bandsaw! As it
happens, I have the4 same model. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com