BigDaddy

Default Looking for someone in N. Ft Worth

I'm a new to woodworking. It's been 20 years since high school woodshop. I
have finally bought a house and my wife decided to outfit the garage with
power tools!
She got me Ryobi's ( have to start somewhere).
I have a scroll saw, band saw, miter saw, router w/table, belt/disk sander,
10" table saw, drill press, air compressor w/ brad/staple gun and I just
aquired a 12" craftsman lathe 1977 and a late 50's early 60's 14" Delta band
saw.
I have been laid off from my job so I can't hit the college for a class
right now and am looking for
someone to help me with instruction on proper tool usage and pass on some
knowledge to a fledgling woodworker.

Don
Ft. Worth , TX

Morris Dovey

"BigDaddy" wrote in message
I'm a new to woodworking. It's been 20 years since high school woodshop. I
have finally bought a house and my wife decided to outfit the garage with
power tools!
She got me Ryobi's ( have to start somewhere).
I have a scroll saw, band saw, miter saw, router w/table, belt/disk

sander,
10" table saw, drill press, air compressor w/ brad/staple gun and I just
aquired a 12" craftsman lathe 1977 and a late 50's early 60's 14" Delta

band
saw.
I have been laid off from my job so I can't hit the college for a class
right now and am looking for
someone to help me with instruction on proper tool usage and pass on some
knowledge to a fledgling woodworker.

Don...

She's a keeper. You have a good start. This is a good place to ask specific
questions. When you ask general questions you're likely to get answers like:
"Keep your fingers away from the whirly things."

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Grant P. Beagles

Woodcraft has a store near Ridgmar Mall. They offer basic classes. There is
also a Woodcraft in Addison with a different mix of classes. Between the two
shops there are a lot of classes for the beginner.

Grant

"BigDaddy" wrote in message
I'm a new to woodworking. It's been 20 years since high school woodshop. I
have finally bought a house and my wife decided to outfit the garage with
power tools!
She got me Ryobi's ( have to start somewhere).
I have a scroll saw, band saw, miter saw, router w/table, belt/disk
sander, 10" table saw, drill press, air compressor w/ brad/staple gun and
I just aquired a 12" craftsman lathe 1977 and a late 50's early 60's 14"
Delta band saw.
I have been laid off from my job so I can't hit the college for a class
right now and am looking for
someone to help me with instruction on proper tool usage and pass on some
knowledge to a fledgling woodworker.

Don
Ft. Worth , TX

BigDaddy

Thanks for the information. I grew up near Ridgmar Mall. I should be able to
find the store.

Don

"Grant P. Beagles" wrote in
message RCIAL...