Igor

Default If I get Incra fence, what don't I need in a new TS?

I am new to some of the details of TS lingo and important features, so please bear
with me.

I am about to start producing a new product -- need to produce 1000s (or, plan on
that, hoping things go well). Essentially it is a rip, mill, and then cutoff
operation. The finished items are only a few inches square, essentially.
Measurement is critical to 1/64" initially (for setup) and then 1/32" between cuts.

I have an RAS now and am about to bite the bullet and get a TS. I have read
extensively here/Google and am thinking about the Delta 426 (unifence) or 431
(Biesemeyer). But, then I looked at the Incra TS3/TS3a fence system. Very
expensive, but versatile and it has its "incremental rack" system that would be great
because I have to make a number of dado cuts with small offsets in between. For me
at the moment, power is not an issue; precision is.

From the pictures, it seems that the Incra has its own wings. Does that mean I do
not care about a TS having steel versus cast wings? So, for example, if I get the
Incra fence could I then get the Delta 444 versus the 426/431? Is there another
(less expensive) TS that is somehow good except for a terrible fence system -- but it
would mate-up well with the Incra?

In other words, if I am planning on the Incra, I don't want to pay for features in a
new TS package that I won't need because the Incra system supplies it. But, frankly,
I am not clear enough on Incra's and the TS features to know what I would _not_ need
in a TS.

Advice please. Thanks.

Andy Dingley

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:25:35 -0400, Igor wrote:

I have read
extensively here/Google and am thinking about the Delta 426 (unifence) or 431
(Biesemeyer). But, then I looked at the Incra TS3/TS3a fence system.

I have an Incra Ultra on my router table.

I wouldn't touch an Incra for my cabinet saw. It's just not robust
enough, nor is its locking particularly rigid.

Sprog

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:25:35 -0400, Igor wrote:

I have read
extensively here/Google and am thinking about the Delta 426 (unifence) or 431
(Biesemeyer). But, then I looked at the Incra TS3/TS3a fence system.

I have an Incra Ultra on my router table.

I wouldn't touch an Incra for my cabinet saw. It's just not robust
enough, nor is its locking particularly rigid.

The Incra TS3 is slightly different to the Incra Ultra and a little more
robust.
CnA

Andy Dingley wrote in
:

wrote:

I have read
extensively here/Google and am thinking about the Delta 426
(unifence) or 431 (Biesemeyer). But, then I looked at the
Incra TS3/TS3a fence system.

I have an Incra Ultra on my router table.

I wouldn't touch an Incra for my cabinet saw. It's just not
robust enough, nor is its locking particularly rigid.

I have an Incra TSIII on my Grizzly cabinet saw. It works very
well, is very rigid, and does not move at all when locked
down. I have slammed it hard a number of times and it does not
budge. The fence locks at the positioning racks, and the front
rail.

--
Chuck
---Spam Block---
vmtw

Igor wrote in message . ..
I am new to some of the details of TS lingo and important features, so please bear
with me.

Saw this the other day, thought iy might help.
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/incrats3.htm

Scott
www.vmtw.com

Set fence posts in concrete or use Metposts? DIY Novice UK diy 6 June 3rd 04 10:26 PM
Garden fence Terry D UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 11:15 AM
Fastening a sacrifical piece of wood to TS fence Alan Kauth Woodworking 4 July 15th 03 12:01 AM