Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is Home Depot like on Black Friday?

I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

HD usually opens before DIY'ers get out of bed ... go early.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

HD usually opens before DIY'ers get out of bed ... go early.

The operative word is "usually".

On "Black Friday", stores around here open at 5:00AM.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think it was Tom Watson who stated:

I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

Sounds like a good project!

I hate crowds, though.

Buy it tomorrow, then.

I'll be spending the day on Friday cleaning out and sorting stuff in
my Man Garage where I wrench on motorcycles and make stuff from wood.

--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

I dunno about Home Depot, but I do know about the Bluewater Bridge from
my hometown to Port Huron MI...you just don't go near it on Black
Friday. Bizzzeeeee.
A trip that normally takes me 10 minutes max, can take 2 hours+
The bridge is he
Google earth:

42°59'56.47"N
82°25'24.86"W

At 25,000 ft alt, you can see my house in Sarnia, ON and Home Depot in
Port Huron MI
I'm not sure how high you have get to see Lee Valley..*smirk*

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

You obviously know the problem. You also know the possible solutions.
Pick one and go with it. When spring comes, the grass will grow by itself.
mahalo,
jo4hn

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://bfads.net/store/homedepot

--
SwampBug
------------------

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Here's what Home Depot will have on sale Friday. Might give a clue how
big the crowd will be.

http://bfads.net/store/homedepot

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:33:24 -0500, Tom Watson
wrote:

I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Then don't leave the house to go anywhere until at least the middle of
January.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Go EARLY, in the first hour.

When I really have to go there, it works for me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:37:23 -0600, Don Fearn
wrote:

I'll be spending the day on Friday in
my Man Garage where I wrench on motorcycles and make stuff from wood.

Ugh! Grunt! Me build 'em fire!

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Tom Watson wrote:
I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Today is Wednesday. Pick it up after work.. Around 6 or 7 pm, it's not
crowded at all.

Personally, I think you're insane for even considering buying a
routine, non sale item on Friday.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think it was George Max who stated:

wrote:

I'll be spending the day on Friday in
my Man Garage where I wrench on motorcycles and make stuff from wood.

Ugh! Grunt! Me build 'em fire!

George understand. GOOD George.
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
Posted to rec.woodworking

Don Fearn wrote in
:

George understand. GOOD George.

Just watch out for that tree.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"bf" writes:

Personally, I think you're insane for even considering buying a
routine, non sale item on Friday.

I have gone to stores like Target in late afternoon or evening on Black
Friday and crowds aren't a problem. I would go to Menards or Home Depot
later in the day Friday without any concern about crowds.

My local Menards is sometimes so crowded on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon
that I have to drive around and around just to find any parking spot, no
matter how far from the entrance.

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:33:24 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

I want to buy some of that ceiling product that looks like the old
pressed tin stuff and install it on Friday.

I hate crowds, though.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

FWIW, and for future reference, I was in Lowe's about 10 AM Friday and it was
less crowded than a typical Saturday morning.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John

home depot SeaKan Home Repair 19 August 5th 06 03:23 PM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
home depot SeaKan Home Repair 123 December 18th 05 05:05 PM
home depot Don Haynes Woodworking 50 May 17th 05 01:57 AM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 07:27 PM