Old September 15th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Old September 15th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "JRY" wrote:
Is the drivebelt tight enough?

ahem...

The unit is beltless.

--
Regards,

Old September 15th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com, " wrote:
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.

Have you checked to make sure the arbor nut is tight?

--
Regards,

Old September 15th 06, 07:52 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:3HBOg.1474

Have you checked to make sure the arbor nut is tight?

After checking the arbor nut, check your checking account balance. If near
$800, get a contractor model saw in place of the direct drive. You won't be
sorry. Really, you won't.

Old September 15th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Unless you have not tightened the arbor nut tight enough (which could easily
be the case from your description), the motor is shot. It isn't cost
effect to repair direct drive motors. You could replace it of course, but
that might not be cost effective either.

If it were mine, I would use this as an excuse to buy a contractor saw.
Most of them will outlast you.

Jim

Old September 15th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Sep 2006 09:25:47 -0700, "
wrote:

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

You say it is *beltless*....how is it driven?

Assuming that the blade is seated correctly and tight on the arbor, it
sounds like you have slippage in the drive.
I am not familiar with that saw. Is this a saw you have been using for
some time and this issue came up?
Old September 15th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 15 Sep 2006 09:25:47 -0700, "
wrote:

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Do you have a parts list? does it show a jackshaft assembly on the
front end of the motor housing? You might not see it on your saw
without taking the front motor cover off. Often "direct" drive saws
are geared with a jackshaft assembly that either by gears, or cog
wheels and a belt, adjust the arbor shaft output RPM. If the belt is
slipping or broken, or the bearings have slack in them allowing the
gears to separate under load, you could have that condition. Motor
would run, blade would eventually slow or stop.

That said, I am not familiar with the model number and my SV-300 CD
service manual, which goes back further than what's on the web site in
some cases, does not have it either.

You might call Delta Customer service and ask for tech service to see
if they can support it with information. If you are not finding it on
the website, however, it may not be supported for parts anyway.

Frank
Old September 16th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the saw's
motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven with a
small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the opposite end of
the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are gone on the belt
causing the drive to slip under load.
Greg