DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/176013-delta-table-saw-36-320c-10-inch-problem.html)

[email protected] September 15th 06 06:25 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Doug Miller September 15th 06 07:46 PM

In article , "JRY" wrote:
Is the drivebelt tight enough?

ahem...

The unit is beltless.

--
Regards,

Doug Miller September 15th 06 07:47 PM

In article .com, " wrote:
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.

Have you checked to make sure the arbor nut is tight?

--
Regards,

Edwin Pawlowski September 15th 06 07:52 PM

"Doug Miller" wrote in message news:3HBOg.1474

Have you checked to make sure the arbor nut is tight?

After checking the arbor nut, check your checking account balance. If near
$800, get a contractor model saw in place of the direct drive. You won't be
sorry. Really, you won't.

Jim September 15th 06 08:25 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Unless you have not tightened the arbor nut tight enough (which could easily
be the case from your description), the motor is shot. It isn't cost
effect to repair direct drive motors. You could replace it of course, but
that might not be cost effective either.

If it were mine, I would use this as an excuse to buy a contractor saw.
Most of them will outlast you.

Jim

Joe Bemier September 15th 06 08:30 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

On 15 Sep 2006 09:25:47 -0700, "
wrote:

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

You say it is *beltless*....how is it driven?

Assuming that the blade is seated correctly and tight on the arbor, it
sounds like you have slippage in the drive.
I am not familiar with that saw. Is this a saw you have been using for
some time and this issue came up?

Frank Boettcher September 15th 06 10:11 PM

wrote:

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Do you have a parts list? does it show a jackshaft assembly on the
front end of the motor housing? You might not see it on your saw
without taking the front motor cover off. Often "direct" drive saws
are geared with a jackshaft assembly that either by gears, or cog
wheels and a belt, adjust the arbor shaft output RPM. If the belt is
slipping or broken, or the bearings have slack in them allowing the
gears to separate under load, you could have that condition. Motor
would run, blade would eventually slow or stop.

That said, I am not familiar with the model number and my SV-300 CD
service manual, which goes back further than what's on the web site in
some cases, does not have it either.

You might call Delta Customer service and ask for tech service to see
if they can support it with information. If you are not finding it on
the website, however, it may not be supported for parts anyway.

Frank

Greg O September 16th 06 02:11 AM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the saw's
motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven with a
small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the opposite end of
the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are gone on the belt
causing the drive to slip under load.
Greg

CW September 16th 06 03:35 AM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

It might be a contractor saw. I didn't look up the model so don't know for
sure. Mine is and it is also direct induction motor drive.
It is also no longer made.

Edwin Pawlowski September 16th 06 04:50 AM

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHt...ws/CS4P(C).htm

Greg O September 17th 06 12:06 AM

"Greg O" wrote in message

I may be wrong, but I believe you do have a drive belt that is in the
saw's motor housing. The blade is mounted to a jack shaft that is driven
with a small toothed belt. The belt is under a cover that is on the
opposite end of the motor of the blade. My guess is most of the teeth are
gone on the belt causing the drive to slip under load.
Greg

http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHt...ws/CS4P(C).htm

Thank you, Ed!
I was looking for a break down on this saw but was not going to jump through
the "hoops" required to see it on Delta's site.
Damn! There IS a belt in there!! ;-)
Greg

Bruce September 17th 06 02:34 AM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

Greo O

You were right on the money, I took the cover off the other end of the
motor and the belt is very much worn with hardly any teeth left.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions

Bruce

Greg O wrote:
oups.com...

Greg O September 17th 06 05:06 AM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

"Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greo O

You were right on the money, I took the cover off the other end of the
motor and the belt is very much worn with hardly any teeth left.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions

Bruce

Glad to help! You can send my consulting fee to....
Greg

Pop` September 23rd 06 01:47 AM

wrote:
Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is
beltless. I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have
information on this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

If you happen to still be reading: You do indeed have a belt; it's worn
out. The belt is small, and is inside the end of the motor housing. Pull
it apart and you'll see it. I'll bet it's completely worn out.

Pop

CW September 23rd 06 02:01 AM

"Pop`" wrote in message

If you happen to still be reading: You do indeed have a belt; it's worn
out. The belt is small, and is inside the end of the motor housing. Pull
it apart and you'll see it. I'll bet it's completely worn out.

Pop

The same conclusion that he came to when he pulled the cover off, as he
posted a while ago.

maurrich July 29th 12 07:30 PM

This saw does indeed have a drive belt, not visible until you remove the case at the back of the motor. I know because I've had to replace the belt 3 times now, and I'm now having a very hard time to find a replacement for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW (Post 1369796)

Fred September 15th 16 10:44 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

replying to brucebrown100, Fred wrote:

there is a belt inside the motor housing. turn the table upside down. remove
the four screws on the cover. you will see the belt it will be striped of
tread . oh! I forgot, before turning over the saw crank the blade up to it;s
highest and also tilt the blade to its Max. this all takes 10 minutes

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...em-127167-.htm

Timely Dude September 16th 16 03:14 AM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

replying to Fred, Timely Dude wrote:
Pure genius, Fred. Try reading *and comprehending* what has been written
before you you stumbled in. Bruce had an answer to his question 2 days short
of *TEN FREAKIN' YEARS AGO* So he accomplished, ten years ago, what you say
will take ten minutes. Simply wonderful.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...em-127167-.htm

svenderiksen January 12th 17 09:44 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

replying to brucebrown100, svenderiksen wrote:
The little toothed belt inside the motor (Polybelt.com 100XL) might be worn
down (the teeth).

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...em-127167-.htm

Leon[_7_] January 12th 17 11:56 PM

On 9/15/2016 8:14 PM, Timely Dude wrote:
replying to Fred, Timely Dude wrote:
Pure genius, Fred. Try reading *and comprehending* what has been written
before you you stumbled in. Bruce had an answer to his question 2 days
short
of *TEN FREAKIN' YEARS AGO* So he accomplished, ten years ago, what you
say
will take ten minutes. Simply wonderful.

Wow you win the award, Fred was trying to be helpful, you were simply
just being an ass.

Irv[_2_] February 27th 18 06:14 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

replying to brucebrown100, Irv wrote:
this saw motor does have a belt at the back inside the motor housing , just
bought a used saw like this with a torn belt.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...em-127167-.htm

Dodge Man October 24th 19 04:14 AM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

replying to brucebrown100, Dodge Man wrote:
Hello Bruce I have a 36-320C it has a belt ,if you take the plastic end off
the motor you will see a belt it is small but it is there . once you remove
the protector cover you need to remove the screw and washer then you can slide
the belt of the spline's replace in reverse be careful while sliding the new
belt back on that you don't damage it. hope this was helpful.
Cheers,
Wayne

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...em-127167-.htm

Ryan Petis January 25th 20 07:14 PM

Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

replying to brucebrown100, Ryan Petis wrote:
Hey Bruce, the belt is probably shot which is housed inside the motor
itself... here's a good site that actually sells this belt
https://www.toolpartsdirect.com/rock...n-36-320c.html
copy that url and paste into your search engine, hope this helps

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...em-127167-.htm