Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fitted Covers for table saws

I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't
always get shut. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made
nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I
have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

Thanks
Tim
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim _Brewer wrote:
I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't
always get shut. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made
nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I
have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

Thanks
Tim

Sounds like you just came up with an idea for a product I would buy. I
opened the shop (garage) door a few weeks ago after a heavy rain and
didn't notice until a few hours later that Dihydrogen Monoxide (
http://www.dhmo.org/ ) had dripped between the sections onto my saw and
began corroding the top.

Hurry, run to the patent office and get your papers in. Or you could
buy these and resell them as tablesaw covers:
http://www.toolking.com/productinfo....roductid=13760

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim _Brewer wrote:
I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't
always get shut. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made
nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I
have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

I ran out and bought a canvas tarp to cover my lawn tractor with out in the
storage building. The fact of the matter is I never get around to recovering
the thing after I cut the grass. More trouble than it's worth...

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
". . . Dihydrogen Monoxide . . ."

Had me for about 2 seconds. . .

Cute.

I've tried using basic blue tarp with a aluminum frame shaped to the
outer edge of the saw (with extensions) and it works alright for
protection, but not for rust.
Good luck!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Heck,

I just use an old plastic tablecloth that has a cotton backing on it as
a cover. I store my tablesaw in my garage and there is no rust on it
at all after over three years.

Tim _Brewer wrote:
I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't
always get shut. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made
nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I
have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

Thanks
Tim

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tim _Brewer" wrote in message
I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't
always get shut. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made
nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I
have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

A couple of ideas. Buy some vinyl and have the Mrs. sew some covers with
some elastic.

An other idea would be to make them out of Lexan or Plexiglas with little
rubber feet on the inside.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim _Brewer wrote:
I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't
always get shut. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made
nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I
have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

Thanks
Tim

You know with some of the monster grills that they have out now you
just might be able to find a cover to fit your saw... Even if it's
short you might be able to get two and stich em together for a good
fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim _Brewer writes:

I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from
the elements.

I have a cover made by HTC.

It comes in various sizes - but is not fitted - but flat.
Two nice features:

The material is waterproof, yet breathes. It will repell
water, but vapors inside will escape.

The edges have magnets to hold the cover in place.