DIY Novice

Default Has anybody fitted this B&Q Loft ladder for £137? Is it ok?

I need to fit a loft ladder this weekend cos' I'm getting the
ceiling(and other walls) plastered next week and I want to have the
ladder fitted beforehand.
I've seen this one from B&Q which seems ok, just wondered if anybody
had fitted it and what they thought of it and was it easy to fit?
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...30&paintCatId=

I'll only use the loft for storage purposes so it'll only get used 1
or 2 times a month.
(PS. I'm not trying to advertise B&Q, it's just that I don't have time
to order online from screwfix or anybody else)
EricP

On 24 Nov 2004 06:24:31 -0800, (DIY Novice) wrote:

I need to fit a loft ladder this weekend cos' I'm getting the
ceiling(and other walls) plastered next week and I want to have the
ladder fitted beforehand.
I've seen this one from B&Q which seems ok, just wondered if anybody
had fitted it and what they thought of it and was it easy to fit?
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...30&paintCatId=

I'll only use the loft for storage purposes so it'll only get used 1
or 2 times a month.
(PS. I'm not trying to advertise B&Q, it's just that I don't have time
to order online from screwfix or anybody else)

I would not touch a wooden loft ladder with a pole because of warping
in the roof from summer to winter. Condensation and extreme heat
differences may make it useless. Can't you find an aluminium one?

My aluminium one has been in for years and is as good as new.

Loft ladder Terry Pinnell UK diy 14 October 27th 04 04:36 PM
Who knows how loft ladders work? Ged UK diy 2 February 6th 04 12:48 PM
Loft ladder Rob Nicholson UK diy 20 January 20th 04 01:19 PM
Adding CH to new loft - advice please [email protected] UK diy 19 January 7th 04 08:58 AM
Fitting A Loft Ladder Andrew McKay UK diy 4 July 14th 03 06:10 PM