Posted to rec.woodworking

Default fasten alderwood ledge top without screws ?

I am replacing my molding/window casings, etc with alderwood moldings. I
have two "ledge tops " (one 1/2 wall at the doorway and one 3ft pass-through
to the kitchen). What is the best way to fasten/secure these two inch thick
alderwood shelf tops top the top of the surfaces without using any type of
screws/fasteners ? Would regular liquid nails do the trick ? Base of each
is regular lumber/drywall wall construction

Thanks, Tim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:47:56 -0700, "TimR" wrote:

What is the best way to fasten/secure these two inch thick
alderwood shelf tops top the top of the surfaces without using any type of
screws/fasteners ? Would regular liquid nails do the trick ? Base of each
is regular lumber/drywall wall construction

I think it would hold fine. You might need to figure out a way to
hold the pieces level while the adhesives sets.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

TimR wrote:

I am replacing my molding/window casings, etc with alderwood moldings. I
have two "ledge tops " (one 1/2 wall at the doorway and one 3ft pass-through
to the kitchen). What is the best way to fasten/secure these two inch thick
alderwood shelf tops top the top of the surfaces without using any type of
screws/fasteners ? Would regular liquid nails do the trick ? Base of each
is regular lumber/drywall wall construction

Thanks, Tim

I'd open up the drywall and screw them in place from the under side.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)