Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Moos

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty

Leon wrote:

To clarify what the Ridgid warranty people told me, make copies
of your receipt as the receipt is often printed on thermal heat
print paper and the receipt has to be used to prove when the tool
was purchased to define which warranty you have. She said that the
original thermal heat print receipt will not last as long as the life
time warranty.

Here's a tip that could be useful at Home Depot, since they sell
Rigid equipment . . .

A year or two ago, I bought a universal mitre saw stand from Home
Depot that had been their display model. I was doing this through
the contractor counter, and as I'm paying for it the guy I'm dealing
with tells me, "If you have any problems, just bring it back." He
then hands me a receipt that's printed on an 8x1/2" x 10" sheet of
paper with a laser printer. I must have looked at this reciept a
bit quizically because he then told me, "Hey, anytime you need to
buy something expensive and want to get a receipt that won't fade
on you, bring it to the contractor counter and we'll ring it up
here."

So, that might be worth doing if you don't have ready access to a
copier or scanner for the regular thermal printed recepts from Home
Depot. I've done this several times at my local store, I have no idea
though if this is a policy that's honored at all the stores.
Posted to rec.woodworking
thug

They might do like AMD does. Anytime I get a clients (or one of my own)
system with a bad CPU less than 3 years old they replace it with the slowest
of the current processors. At times it is enough of a change to require a
new MB, but it in one case has resulted in a system that gets upgradded
every 2 and a half years at a very low cost.

My sister in law's late husband bought her a Dell witht he warranty just
before he passed away. She took a lightning strike and they replaced
everything in the box. Even sent out a tech to do it for her. (Saved her
having to haul the system 300+ miles down to me).

Sometimes companies really do honor warranties.

I'd sure like to find the outfit that does data recovery for 1500.00. Last
drive I had recovered cost me 3200.00.

I have yet to see a waranty that was voided by upgrading a drive or adding
an expansion card. I do it all the time and the day I kill a waranty will be
the day I stop, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

dennis at onewoodturn.com
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message If it's like the electronics industry,
not only is it just the life of
the tool, it's only for the supported lifecycle of the tool.