Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hang up vacuums? You like?

I don't do any woodworking but figure this is as good
of place to ask as any

I'm in need of a modest size shop vac for general home
use

I see where they make some that hang on the wall.

any opinions on these good or bad?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Toller" wrote:

I have a Hoover GUV and love it.

Is the GUV light enough to take off the wall hook and
walk around with while vacuuming?

That's my concern with the heavy duty GUV

Whereas the cheaper, plastic ShopVacs would be light
enough. No?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

wrote in message
"Toller" wrote:

I have a Hoover GUV and love it.

Is the GUV light enough to take off the wall hook and
walk around with while vacuuming?

That's my concern with the heavy duty GUV

Whereas the cheaper, plastic ShopVacs would be light
enough. No?

No doubt the GUV is heavier. It is made of steel and has a larger motor.
But with a 20' hose, moving it around isn't necessary.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ben" wrote:

I have a Ridgid 12 gal wet/dry vacuum and it works great I

Does it hang on wall?

If yes... what model number?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Ben

Model WD5500 I forgot to post the web site for the Cage that I bought
that holds a trash bag in place so it wont get sucked up to the filter
here it is http://www.bagkeeper.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
couillion

"Ben" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Ridgid 12 gal wet/dry vacuum and it works great I tried the
shop vac brand but are very LOUD. And I just got the thing called
Bagkeeper that I ordered for my 12 gal Ridgid wet dry shop vac and
it
works great. I first tried to make my own from seeing the one on
the
web site but the ones I made kept getting crushed just like a pop
can
from the power of the vacuum. I used wire fencing from Home Depot
by
the time I was done trying my own design I spent more than what it
would of cost me to order one off the web. Well anyway now I see
that
they have a $5.00 dollar rebate on each one ordered....THIS IS A
GREAT
IDEA I WISH I THOUGHT OF IT!!!

how forgetful of you.

you wouldn't happen to have any financial interest in this product,
would you?
http://groups.google.as/groups/searc...er&qt_s=Search

or this one?
http://groups.google.as/groups/searc...st&qt_s=Search

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

couillion wrote:
"Ben" wrote in message
[...]

ooh a marketing virus!

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"couillion" wrote in message

"Ben" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! If he has something to do with the product and this is his idea of a
marketing plan he is a total POS.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

"Ben" wrote in message
oups.com...
Model WD5500 I forgot to post the web site for the Cage that I bought
that holds a trash bag in place so it wont get sucked up to the filter
here it is http://www.bagkeeper.com

Do you and have anything to do with this product?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Frank Drackman" wrote:

Do you and have anything to do with this product?

No
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Karson" wrote:

wrote:
I purchased a new filter from Lowes that fit the Rigid vacuum and then
I went back and bought one for my Lowes vaccum.

I didn't say above quote
Posted to rec.woodworking
couillion

wrote in message
"Karson" wrote:

wrote:
I purchased a new filter from Lowes that fit the Rigid vacuum and
then
I went back and bought one for my Lowes vaccum.

I didn't say above quote

"ben" has been shilling his stuff in a couple of newsgroups, almost
verbatim. "ben" took the opportunity to use the post from "me" to
slip in a legit sounding plug for his crap. Frank may have grabbed
your name because you started this subject. I checked some of the
posts made by "ben" before throwing his name out to the wolves. I
think "me" has been cleared on this one, Karson clipped a little too
much or not enough before the start of a reply. The quote you are
referring to as not being yours is the start of Karson's reply.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Ben

couillion wrote:
wrote in message
"Karson" wrote:

wrote:
I purchased a new filter from Lowes that fit the Rigid vacuum and
then
I went back and bought one for my Lowes vaccum.

I didn't say above quote

"ben" has been shilling his stuff in a couple of newsgroups, almost
verbatim. "ben" took the opportunity to use the post from "me" to
slip in a legit sounding plug for his crap. Frank may have grabbed
your name because you started this subject. I checked some of the
posts made by "ben" before throwing his name out to the wolves. I
think "me" has been cleared on this one, Karson clipped a little too
much or not enough before the start of a reply. The quote you are
referring to as not being yours is the start of Karson's reply.

Thank you for bring this to our attention.
After checking this out I found out that my Daughter was trying to help
by telling wood workers and others about our products for dust
collection. Well anyway she has promised not to do it any more she is
in the senior class. I also noticed that nobody said anything about the
comments that I gave about radiant floor heat for the basement or about
240 volt power for this guys son-in-laws house.
Well anyway after this is posted I am dropping out of groups.
Thanks again And I am very sorry that this has happened.
Ben

Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner

In article . com,
says...

It's the Heppa filter for these vacs. They work great. I've sanded
drywall and no dust gets through the filter and I've also ahd the
canister completely full of saw dust and dust/dirt from the floor od my
shop and it keeps on sucking. It seems like the filter never clogs up.

here is my latest project.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karson

This is not a shopvac, but we bought a Miele vacuum with Hepa filter.
We were told if we ever get the smart idea of sucking up drywall dust with this
machine we'll be **** out of luck trying to claim on warranty. That was the one
and only thing, but they made a point of it.

-P.