Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

Default Jds cyclone

I just set up a Jds 3hp cyclone if anyone is interested in the first
tests connected to my 4" pvc S&D pipining.

Posted to rec.woodworking
jimbo

Absolutely. I'm looking at one for my home shop.

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com
"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just set up a Jds 3hp cyclone if anyone is interested in the first
tests connected to my 4" pvc S&D pipining.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

Jack wrote:
I just set up a Jds 3hp cyclone if anyone is interested in the first
tests connected to my 4" pvc S&D pipining.

Certainly.

My main concern with the JDS unit at this point is the surface area of
the filter. It's only about 68 sq ft.

The "standard" set of filters suggested by Bill Pentz is a pair of Wynn
Environmental filters, for a total filter area of 600 sq ft.

I've asked JDS for any comments they might have.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

The JDS has a different fan design (it looks like welded S/S, 15" dia.,
top plate over blades and another plate below the blade (welded to
blades) that is tapered from intake to exhaust side. The bottom plate
has a large entrance hole for the entering air. There is a large
chamber at the exhaust of the fan instead of piping. For a test I have
30 ft of 4" pvc (fed from cyclone with 10 ft of 4" plastic flex pipe
bent in a 'U' shape, through 10 bends to a cabinet saw, and an 8"
jointer ( jointer feeds a trashcan cyclone with another 20 ft of 4"
plastic flex hose, can't waste the JDS clear plastic bags). At the
tablesaw ripping on edge to make dust , little escapes. The jointer has
no chips or dust, and I connect the trashcan cyclone (at the end of all
this pipig to my router table fence 2 1/2" port (reduced from 4" ) no
chips or dust escapes that I can see (if using a backer board). This
machine really sucks. The 4" piping I'm using now will be replaced with
at least 6". Motor amps using this 4" piping set-up = 12.8, motor full
load amp= 18 . My old dust collector was a g1029z grizzly which with
only one blast gate open had 1/2 the suction as thi does with 3 open.
Installing 6" -7" should bring the collector to max cfm. Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

If the blower doesn't move air at higher static pressure more filter
area is needed.