Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack

Default Jds cyclone

The JDS has a different fan design (it looks like welded S/S, 15" dia.,
top plate over blades and another plate below the blade (welded to
blades) that is tapered from intake to exhaust side. The bottom plate
has a large entrance hole for the entering air. There is a large
chamber at the exhaust of the fan instead of piping. For a test I have
30 ft of 4" pvc (fed from cyclone with 10 ft of 4" plastic flex pipe
bent in a 'U' shape, through 10 bends to a cabinet saw, and an 8"
jointer ( jointer feeds a trashcan cyclone with another 20 ft of 4"
plastic flex hose, can't waste the JDS clear plastic bags). At the
tablesaw ripping on edge to make dust , little escapes. The jointer has
no chips or dust, and I connect the trashcan cyclone (at the end of all
this pipig to my router table fence 2 1/2" port (reduced from 4" ) no
chips or dust escapes that I can see (if using a backer board). This
machine really sucks. The 4" piping I'm using now will be replaced with
at least 6". Motor amps using this 4" piping set-up = 12.8, motor full
load amp= 18 . My old dust collector was a g1029z grizzly which with
only one blast gate open had 1/2 the suction as thi does with 3 open.
Installing 6" -7" should bring the collector to max cfm. Jack