Jeff

Default Cyclone question for you guys

I am getting a cyclone, I have decided that much. Was going to build
my own based on Bill Pentz work, but have ruled that out (mostly at
least).

I have been looking at the soon to be available Grizzly 2 hp model,
with my only concern being the filter size (sq ft) and internal details
of the upper portion. It has nice feartures such as the metal
thickness and accessories that already are included in the price.
Maybe someone will buy one and tell us about it.

There is also the option of buying a Bill Pentz design in the clear
form or from Clarke Echols in metal. I am reasonably sure that the
clear one would be a good product. Any input would be appreciated
though.

On to the real question: Has anyone gotten either the blower housing
or cyclone kit from Clarke Echols? If so, is it any good.

Thanks again for help,

Jeff

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I bought Clarke Echols copy of Bill Pentz's cyclone kit. So far it's gone
together
well. I bought it some time ago and understand the quality of his kits
today have dropped.
I am building my own blower but unfortunately, I've had to shelve the
project for
a bit. I did learn that Clarke's kits are no longer "endorsed" by Bill.
Bill says he never
received a dime from him and has discontinued dealing with him at all. For
that reason
alone, I would steer clear of these. The clearvue ones are endorsed by
Bill and appear
to me anyway, that they would work fine. Bill seems like a great guy and
has spent a huge
amount of time in his reasearch etc....so I'd like to see him get a little
something from the sale
of these units.
Cheers,
cc

Steve Knight

to me anyway, that they would work fine. Bill seems like a great guy and
has spent a huge
amount of time in his reasearch etc....so I'd like to see him get a little
something from the sale
of these units.
Cheers,
cc

he is a very nice guy. He was worried about me and all of my tropical dust and
he sent me his cyclone. it works very well.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Jeff Miller

Steve Knight wrote:

to me anyway, that they would work fine. Bill seems like a great guy and
has spent a huge
amount of time in his reasearch etc....so I'd like to see him get a little
something from the sale
of these units.
Cheers,
cc

he is a very nice guy. He was worried about me and all of my tropical dust and
he sent me his cyclone. it works very well.

Yea, something seems a little shaddy there and Bill does seem like a
pretty standup guy, now I just need to decide between the clear or the
grizzly. Thanks for the confirmations.
Steve Knight

Yea, something seems a little shaddy there and Bill does seem like a
pretty standup guy, now I just need to decide between the clear or the
grizzly. Thanks for the confirmations.

the grizzly's don't look too bad as long as you get one of the new ones. though
the filters look a bit small. I have twice the filter capacity and you really
notice it. though I make far more fine dust then most people do.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Jeff

Steve Knight wrote:
Yea, something seems a little shaddy there and Bill does seem like a

pretty standup guy, now I just need to decide between the clear or

the
grizzly. Thanks for the confirmations.

the grizzly's don't look too bad as long as you get one of the new

ones. though
the filters look a bit small. I have twice the filter capacity and

you really
notice it. though I make far more fine dust then most people do.

That was the first thing that came to my attention, the much smaller
filter than with the build it yourself design or the clear vue setup.

With the smaller filter area, would I notice a reduction in the volume
of airflow or would I just have to clean the filter more often?

Jeff

George

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve Knight wrote:
Yea, something seems a little shaddy there and Bill does seem like a

pretty standup guy, now I just need to decide between the clear or

the
grizzly. Thanks for the confirmations.

the grizzly's don't look too bad as long as you get one of the new

ones. though
the filters look a bit small. I have twice the filter capacity and

you really
notice it. though I make far more fine dust then most people do.

That was the first thing that came to my attention, the much smaller
filter than with the build it yourself design or the clear vue setup.

With the smaller filter area, would I notice a reduction in the volume
of airflow or would I just have to clean the filter more often?

Depends.

Two types of filtering going on, as I keep saying here. First is mesh,
where a particle bigger than the gap in the trap is caught, forming any
number of additional smaller traps for smaller particles. The "cake"
builds, ultimately diminishing the volume of air, though the bag can be
shaken or washed as required. More often.

Second is, for lack of a better term, settling out, where the number of
passages, normally through a non-woven felt, is so great that the air
pressure in any of them is low enough to allow particles to settle in the
lee of the stream. These start at a finer filtration level, last a long
time with little drop in volume of air, but ultimately fill as well.
Options for renewal tend to be limited to replacement in these type of
filters, mostly because of their composition. Less often, more involved.