Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

Default My dad will be selling some tools/machines

First item is a preformax sander this is a pro max II 24" sander, this has
seen a few hours of use. he bought it new and used if very little. make
offer

next machine is a Starmark MAX oscillating spindle sander, like new very
little use.

both of the above items have original paper work and like new condition

next machine is a very old "printers table saw" this is a saw used in the
days of hand type setting, very accurate machine no tilting arbor. It also
has a slide table to mill off the ends of wood that can be set to VERY
accurate sizes. This machine is very heavy and well built. All items are in
Newtown CT. I will be down to see my dad next week and will get pictures, I
have all the paper work on the 2 newer machines and can scan/email info if
needed.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

Why don't you say where the machines are located, a starting price, etc.
Shipping makes a BIG diference in purchase decisions and I, for one, won't
buy until I can see it - at any price.

--
Charley

"wayne mak" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Newtown, CT, Charley. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 3/11/2006 6:09 PM Charley mumbled something about the following:
Why don't you say where the machines are located, a starting price, etc.
Shipping makes a BIG diference in purchase decisions and I, for one, won't
buy until I can see it - at any price.

Umm, he did say they were in Newton, CT, so there's half of your
complaint gone.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

My dad is a good guy and would like to get a fair price for the machines but
still wants then to go to a good home. I will send them up the ebay river if
nothing happens in the next week or so. The table saw is a real nice machine
for someone who wants it, you will not find this kind of machine. They are
in Newtown CT.
"Odinn" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

next machine is a Starmark MAX oscillating spindle sander, like new very little use.

I'm interested in a spindle sander, but I'm not familiar with this
brand or model. Can you describe it a little more - is it a benchtop
or free-standing model? What size spindles? HP? Very rough price
range estimate?
Thanks,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

The sander is a self standing unit, I think about 300 pounds, a very nice
machine. as to ball park price some where above $500 it cost my dad far more
and has been used only by him.
"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
next machine is a Starmark MAX oscillating spindle sander, like new very
little use.

I'm interested in a spindle sander, but I'm not familiar with this
brand or model. Can you describe it a little more - is it a benchtop
or free-standing model? What size spindles? HP? Very rough price
range estimate?
Thanks,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

Try this link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Max-Oscillating-...QQcmdZViewItem
like this one but single phase and not used more than a few hours
"Andy" wrote in message
ups.com...
next machine is a Starmark MAX oscillating spindle sander, like new very
little use.

I'm interested in a spindle sander, but I'm not familiar with this
brand or model. Can you describe it a little more - is it a benchtop
or free-standing model? What size spindles? HP? Very rough price
range estimate?
Thanks,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Tylicki

I will send them up the ebay river if nothing happens in the next week or
so

And I'm sure you will do quite well there. I truly believe there are no
more bargains to be hand on Ebay. I was tracking a Delta 380 15" planer for
the last week. It sold for $885 and the buyer must pick it up at the guy's
shop. The 780, the replacement for the 380, is currently being sold on
Amazon for $1198, less a $100 rebate, and free shipping. So for $200 I
don't have to break my back moving the thing and I get a brand new machine.

Posted to rec.woodworking
wayne mak

I agree, ebay makes finding bargains more work, but if you need a small part
or odd item you can find it on ebay. Its good and bad, I do wonder what will
happen to tag sales, flea markets, close out sales and what ever else is out
there.
"Joe Tylicki" wrote in message
I will send them up the ebay river if nothing happens in the next week
or so

And I'm sure you will do quite well there. I truly believe there are no
more bargains to be hand on Ebay. I was tracking a Delta 380 15" planer
for the last week. It sold for $885 and the buyer must pick it up at the
guy's shop. The 780, the replacement for the 380, is currently being sold
on Amazon for $1198, less a $100 rebate, and free shipping. So for $200 I
don't have to break my back moving the thing and I get a brand new
machine.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Charley" wrote in message
m...
Why don't you say where the machines are located,

Like the exact address, or where in CT, Newtown CT is located

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley

I'm too far away, but I'm sure that someone in NY, CT, or MA will be
interested.

--
Charley

"tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
Newtown, CT, Charley. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Tylicki

Thanks to this group, I see that Amazon is offering the $75 off $300 tool
purchases. That brings my net price on that machine to $1025, enough to
make the wife start thinking its a good idea.

Of course, I'll probably take the PC belt sander instead of the $100 cash
back, and I have to add in the mobile base right away, but those are just
details.