Posted to rec.woodworking
hibbi

Default Amazon deals

Amazon is having more good deals this weekend on tools....the more you
spend the more you save...I am thinking of the DW718 Miter Saw as mine
has about had it. You can buy a laser for it that DeWalt has
developed...Anyone buy one with the laser? any word on how it is
working?

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

hibbi wrote:

Amazon is having more good deals this weekend on tools....the more you
spend the more you save...I am thinking of the DW718 Miter Saw as mine
has about had it. You can buy a laser for it that DeWalt has
developed...Anyone buy one with the laser? any word on how it is
working?

Here's a suggestion: hold out for a unit with an integral DOUBLE laser.
My Makita slider has a single laser that caused me to cut boards short
when I've forgotten which side of the blade the laser is on. I try to
keep it on the left, but for some cuts, I switch it to the right. Not
being perfect, nor having total recall, I'm prone to screwing up due to
this lack of 2 lasers.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

I bought the 718 with laser and stand in October. The laser works well,
just requires a little time setting it up.
Mine is set up for the left side of the blade and it's dead on. In fact,
it'll make any small dust particles on the side of the blade glow red. The
line is crisp and bright unless it's set up outside on a sunny day, then
it's hard to see. My only minor dislike is when I take the saw to a
jobsite, the laser usually needs adjusted again. If you're not going to
move the saw much, it'll be fine. BTW, I absolutely love the saw. Here
is a review I did of it a little while ago if you're interested:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...a8 d53da1c7c4

The only thing I've done is tweak the miter settings to be dead on (it was a
couple thous out at the end of the cutting limit) and I switch blades to a
Forrest Chopmaster when I'm building furniture. The supplied blade is used
for trim. Hope this helps! --dave

"hibbi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Amazon is having more good deals this weekend on tools....the more you
spend the more you save...I am thinking of the DW718 Miter Saw as mine
has about had it. You can buy a laser for it that DeWalt has
developed...Anyone buy one with the laser? any word on how it is
working?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith Carlson

"hibbi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Amazon is having more good deals this weekend on tools....the more you
spend the more you save...I am thinking of the DW718 Miter Saw as mine
has about had it. You can buy a laser for it that DeWalt has
developed...Anyone buy one with the laser? any word on how it is
working?

Haa! "The more you spend the more you save."
If that isn't the most idiotic oxymoron pushed on us by the advertising
world....

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"Keith Carlson" wrote in message

Haa! "The more you spend the more you save."
If that isn't the most idiotic oxymoron pushed on us by the advertising
world....

Seems it used to be predominantly a gender specific mindset ... more pussies
in the world these days.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Swingman wrote:
"Keith Carlson" wrote in message

Haa! "The more you spend the more you save."
If that isn't the most idiotic oxymoron pushed on us by the advertising
world....

Seems it used to be predominantly a gender specific mindset ... more pussies
in the world these days.

ROFL. It was only ever a matter of time.

--
Thank you,

What is Amazon thinking? Yet another Amazon post Mark & Juanita Woodworking 13 December 9th 05 03:52 AM
Plug for Amazon TWS Woodworking 7 January 2nd 05 03:49 AM
Amazon Regrets? noOne Woodworking 7 November 25th 04 06:31 PM
Follow-up to Amazon deals Jim Woodworking 0 November 19th 04 05:07 PM
Good deals on select Delta tools dealsites Woodworking 7 January 25th 04 04:03 AM