Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Default Okay, who's got the gloat?

Steve wrote: snipclimb 50 ft silo on the outside and pull a 180 lb.
auger upsnip

You be careful. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne

We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C.
(Actual is -31C).

SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.

Yeah, well, thanks for the heads up, and the weather. Temps here in
S.Ont. have dropped from +6C to -6C over the course of about half a day
with windchill to -15C, and it's forecast to hit real -20C tonight. Sigh.
Posted to rec.woodworking
P.I._Maine

Hi Josh, I wrote back yesterday but I must of hit a wrong button because it
never went through. I actually have done quite a bit of hunting and fishing
but have never met up with a game warden. I used to go up to Wallagrass
(and still do on occasion) for partridge hunting. I'm sure it would be
interesting to meet your dad some day, I'm always looking for insight from
more experienced woodworkers. If you're ever in Presque Isle and got some
spare time look me up! Jeff
"Josh" wrote in message
oups.com...

P.I._Maine wrote:
Cool! I graduated in '89 from Fort Kent!! It's a small world! I'll
have
to check you out in my old year book. Do you still have relatives up
here?
Looking forward to the dog sled races coming up in March. Hard to come
by
woodworkers up here in northern Maine. Too bad you're in NC. Jeff
Morneault

I looked you up this morning, and I recognize you. Definitely a small
world.

My parents still live up there. My mom teaches at Fort Kent HS, but
she wasn't there when you were. My father is one of the most talented
woodworkers I've ever met; I wish I had a tenth of his skill. I can
send you his email address if you're ever looking for a good resource
in the area. If you've ever done any hunting or fishing in Wallagrass
or Eagle Lake, you might know him. He was the game warden there for 20
years. Of course, that also might change your opinion of him. ;-)

Josh

Posted to rec.woodworking
W Canaday

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:01:56 -0800, Enoch Root wrote:

Locutus wrote:

(snipperooni)
You have: -31 degC
You want: degF
* -55.8
/ -0.017921147
You have: ^C

me@mycomp:~$ echo "scale=2; -31*9/5+32" | bc -23.80

er

Looks like we gave another Linux nut in the room.

;-)

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 2/16/2006 7:01 PM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:
Locutus wrote:
"Enoch Root" wrote in message

Dave Balderstone wrote:

We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C.
(Actual is -31C).

SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.
Good grief, that's -56F (actual)!

er
--
email not valid

-31 degrees Celsius = -23.8 degrees Fahrenheit

Thanks for that. I think I found a bug in the "units" program:

me@mycomp:~$ units
2438 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: -31 degC
You want: degF
* -55.8
/ -0.017921147
You have: ^C

me@mycomp:~$ echo "scale=2; -31*9/5+32" | bc
-23.80

er

That's because units doesn't subtract the 32. I use the older version
which flat out states it will not do temperature conversion.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking
Enoch Root

Locutus wrote:

"Enoch Root" wrote in message

Dave Balderstone wrote:

[...]

The author from the man page set me straight on that... use tempF
instead of degF as the function.

And it's in the man page, so consider me red.

er
--
email not valid
Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Locutus wrote:

"Enoch Root" wrote in message

Dave Balderstone wrote:

[...]

Well, I guess I need to upgrade then, cuz mine doesn't recognize tempF
or tempC.