Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

Default Okay, who's got the gloat?

On 2/16/2006 7:01 PM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:
Locutus wrote:
"Enoch Root" wrote in message

Dave Balderstone wrote:

We've got arctic air moving south bringing a windchill temp of -43C.
(Actual is -31C).

SOMEBODY south of me sucks big time.
Good grief, that's -56F (actual)!

er
--
email not valid

-31 degrees Celsius = -23.8 degrees Fahrenheit

Thanks for that. I think I found a bug in the "units" program:

me@mycomp:~$ units
2438 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

You have: -31 degC
You want: degF
* -55.8
/ -0.017921147
You have: ^C

me@mycomp:~$ echo "scale=2; -31*9/5+32" | bc
-23.80

er

That's because units doesn't subtract the 32. I use the older version
which flat out states it will not do temperature conversion.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net