Posted to rec.woodworking

Default restoring cupboards

I have a cupboard that is about 10 years old. It's just your average
basic tract house cupboard. It has an oak finish. I would like to know
how i can restore it. The only thing wrong with it is it has a dull
finish from over the years. I'm afraid if I sand it, I will not be able
to get it to match the other cupboards. Any suggestions?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick M

wrote

[ Snip ]
The only thing wrong with it is it has a dull
finish from over the years. I'm afraid if I sand it, I will not be able
to get it to match the other cupboards. Any suggestions?

Murphy's Oil Soap followed by a good waxing. Do all the cupboards and you'll
appreciate how well they again match.

Regards

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

Yes -- a dull finish on just one cabinet might just meant
that it's coated with cooking effluent. Murphy's Oil Soap
should clean it up.

Rick M wrote:
wrote

[ Snip ]