Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default Lumber dealers around Knoxville Tn?

Any wreckers in the area? Where do you get your lumber?

I've done the Woodfinder thing. I'm looking for wreckers actual
experiences.

tia,

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking
PCProffitt

I live it Atlanta, but my parents live in Blount County. My favorite
place to go in Knoxville is Jeffrey's off Chapman Hwy. Bob and Cynthia
Jeffries are some of the nicest people around and they stock a wide
variety of local and exotic hardwoods. Their place is a little hard to
find (call them at 865.573.5876), but it probably keeps their overhead low.

I've spent a lot of money with them. Even bought a trailer load once
and hauled it back to Atlanta for a lot less than I could buy it here.

No relation or affiliation. Just a very satisfied customer.

Paul Proffitt

Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

That's a pretty good distance away but, conincidently, nearby on another
regular trip I make. I will make it a point to check him out.

jc

"bc" wrote in message
oups.com...

noonenparticular wrote:
Any wreckers in the area? Where do you get your lumber?

I've done the Woodfinder thing. I'm looking for wreckers actual
experiences.

tia,

jc

I don't know if it's close enough to you , but I have dealt with Mike
at731-614-2518. He runs a mill just off the highway in Cedar Grove, TN
about 20 miles north of Jackson, TN. He has great wood and is really
good to work with you. The more you buy the better the price. He lists
on E-Bay most of the time, look under oak lumber, his seller ID is
aolfangtooth. I hope that helps. The usual disclaimers, no relation,
no commercial affiliation, etc. BC

christmas cash Mark Hopkins Woodturning 4 November 5th 04 05:02 AM
Check out my new lumber auctions on Ebay Gary Woodworking 0 October 23rd 04 02:31 PM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
NEW EXOTIC LUMBER STO HOMESHOP HARDWOODS LOWHITENER Woodworking 2 September 11th 03 10:20 PM