Pick

Default Toronto area lumber?

any good spots in the GTA for hardwoods, exotics?TIA
Michael Daly

On 19-Nov-2003, Pick wrote:

any good spots in the GTA for hardwoods, exotics?

Someone has this web site:

http://members.rogers.com/wsguthrie/suppliers.htm

Mike

Upscale

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
any good spots in the GTA for hardwoods, exotics?

South West Ontario (519)

Name of Business
Townsend Lumber Co.

Contact Name

Street Address
East of Tillsonburg on Hwy. 3

Nearest Town
Tillsonburg

Province
Ont

Phone Numbers
519 842 7870

Email

Web Site
http://www.townsendlumber.com/

Hours of Operation
call ahead

Type of Business
Retail & wholesale lumber

Stock carried
All local hardwood & softwood

Speciality
They have 2 auctions each year they post the date on there web site

Comments
The largest lumber mill in S. Ont. New retail division

Name of Business E&B Clark Lumber
Contact Name

Street Address
815368 Oxford County Rd. 22

Nearest Town
Woodstock Ont.

Province
Ont.

Phone Numbers
519 467 5320

Email

Web Site

Hours of Operation

Type of Business
Sawyer

Stock carried
pine, cherry, walnut, maple, butternut

Specialty

Comments
I get my cherry there, last price was $2.50/board ft. kiln dried and
cut with bandsaw. Very good cherry

Name of Business Maple Haven Sawmill
Contact Name
Joe Daniels

Street Address
rr# 5 Ingersoll

Nearest Town
Ingersoll

Province
Ont

Phone Numbers
519 423 6722

Email

Web Site

Hours of Operation

Type of Business
sawyer

Stock carried
All species of hardwood

Specialty

Comments
Joe runs the Woodstock Woodshow

Name of Business Ogilvie's Planing Mill Ltd operating as Hoffmeyers
Mill
Contact Name
John or Reg Ogilvie

Street Address
189 Huron Rd HWY #8

Nearest Town
Sebringville

Province
ON

Phone Numbers
519-393-5101 519-393-5109 fax

Email

Web Site
http//www.hoffmeyersmill.on.ca

Hours of Operation
8am to 6pm Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm Saturday

Type of Business
Old Fashioned Planing Mill

Stock carried
Domestic Hardwoods and Eastern White Pine

Specialty
veneer plywoods, custom orders avail, millwork, mouldings

Comments
small family run operation, main line shaft run since 1870's

Name of Business Mike Worden
Contact Name

Street Address

Nearest Town
Fergus

Province
Ontario

Phone Numbers
(519) 843-1845

Email

Web Site
N/A

Hours of Operation

Type of Business
Wholesale/Retail

Stock carried
Butternut, Basswood, Walnut, Cherry.

Speciality
Carving and Turning Blanks

Comments
Mike carries small amounts of very high quality carving/turning
stock. Mostly 8/4 and thicker. Mike has his own kiln, and all wood has
been carefully kiln dried. I have bought Butternut from Mike and the pieces
are all clear stock with very nice grain. He may also have access to other
lumber from time to time.

Name of Business Jones Lumber
Contact Name
Brian Jones

Street Address

Nearest Town
Fergus

Province
Ontario

Phone Numbers
(519) 843-4827

Email
N/A

Web Site
N/A

Hours of Operation

Type of Business
Sawyer

Stock carried
Varies

Speciality

Comments
Excellent mill, and a very good sawyer from what I have seen. Will
do custom sawing.

Name of Business: PNG

Contact Name:

Street Address:
565 Glasgow St.

Nearest Town:
London

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519-661-0591

Email:

Web Site:

Hours of Operation:
M to F 9 - 6, S 9 - 4

Type of Business:
Retail

Stock carried:
Domestic & Exotic Hardwood and softwood

Specialty:

Comments:

Name of Business: Kevin Shea
Contact Name:

Street Address:

Nearest Town:
Dublin

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519 345 2048

Email:

Web Site:

Hours of Operation:

Type of Business:
Sawyer

Stock carried:
Domestic hardwood

Specialty:

Comments:
Good prices

Name of Business: Lumber Harvest
Contact Name:
Ron and Marlene Berkelmans

Street Address:

Nearest Town:
Alymer

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519 765 4342

Email:

Web Site:

Hours of Operation:

Type of Business:
Sawyer

Stock carried:
Domestic hardwoods

Specialty:

Comments:
Prices look good

Name of Business: Woodland Forestry

Contact Name:
John Verboom

Street Address:
Courtland

Nearest Town:
Tillsonburg

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519 688 2131 evening

Email:

Web Site:

Hours of Operation:

Type of Business:
Sawyer and kiln

Stock carried:
Domestic hardwoods and pine

Specialty:

Comments:

Name of Business: Atkinson Timber Products
Contact Name:

Street Address:
RR#2 Tilsonburg

Nearest Town:

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519 842 4410

Email:

Web Site:

Hours of Operation:

Type of Business:
Sawyer and kiln

Stock carried:
Domestic hardwoods and pine

Specialty:

Comments:

Name of Business: AJW Specialty Lumber
Contact Name:
Andrew Wainwright

Street Address:
113 Charles St W

Nearest Town:
Kitchener

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519 575 9043

Email:

Web Site:

Hours of Operation:
W to F 9 to 5:30, S 9 to 3

Type of Business:
Retail Lumber

Stock carried:
large selection of KD hardwood and softwood lumber

Specialty:

Comments:
Millwork and advise available

Name of Business: Balsam Creek Woodworks
Contact Name:
Brian and Linda Jessup

Street Address:
1033 Pattullo Ave #18

Nearest Town:
Woodstock

Province:
ON

Phone Numbers:
519 536 9656

Email:

Web Site:
http://www.balsamcreek.com/

Hours of Operation:

Type of Business:
Retail and sawyer

Stock carried:
Rough and processed antique timbers and lumber, t&g flooring and
panelling

Specialty:

Comments:

Name of Business: A & M Wood Specialty
Contact Name:

Street Address:
358 Eagle Street North, P.O. Box 32040,

Nearest Town:
Cambridge

Province:
Ontario N3H 5M2

Phone Numbers:
CANADA. 1-800-265-0624 U.S. 1-800-265-2759 Tel.: (519) 653-9322

Email:

Web Site:
http://www.amwoodinc.com/

Hours of Operation:

Type of Business:
wholesale and retail

Stock carried:
Stock of over 120 species of solids and veneers

Specialty:
Instrument-makers' stock, Turning Squares, Bandings, Purflings &
Rosettes, Burls and Logs, Paper-Backed Veneers and Plywoods:

Comments:
online price list

Name of Business
Country Sawyer

Contact Name
Woody Green

Street Address
21974 Gibson Rd.

Nearest Town
Mt. Brydges

Province
Ontario

Phone Numbers
(519) 264-9798

Email

Web Site
http://www3.sympatico.ca/woody.green/
Hours of Operation
By appointment only - please call first.

Type of Business
Retail only. Part-time sawyer with surplus bandsaw mill production

Stock carried
Domestic species including ash, beech, cherry, elm, hickory, hard and
soft maple, red and white oak, walnut, and white pine.

Speciality
Small orders and personal service. Custom cutting for size & figure.

Comments
Good cash prices for high quality boards and turning stock. Let me know
what you need. Conveniently located 1/4 mi. off Hwy. 402 at Delaware exit.

Name of Business
Wm. D. Stewart, Sawmill

Contact Name
Bill Stewart or Mary Stewart

Street Address
R.R. 2

Nearest Town
Allenford

Province
Ontario

Phone Numbers
519 934 2270

Email

Web Site

Hours of Operation
We have a mobile sawmill and are not always at home.

Type of Business
Sawmill

Stock carried
Cedar, pine, ash, Cherry, black walnut, maple, spalted maple

Speciality

Comments
We are between Owen Sound and Southampton in Bruce County. We have an
answering machine on our phone and check our e-mail regularly

Name of Business
Morley Miller Machinery Inc.

Contact Name
Morley or Lee Miller

Street Address
196 Industrial Blvd.

Nearest Town
St. George

Province
ON

Phone Numbers
519-448-1361

Email

Web Site

Hours of Operation
8 30 - 5 00 Mon-Fri.

Type of Business
Retail sales woodworking & supplies

Stock carried
1/8 & 1/4" Baltic birch plywood

Specialty
Woodworking equipment, Delta, PorterCable, Trademaster, Jet, Bosch,
Skill

Comments

Name of Business
Phillmore Enterprises
Contact Name

Street Address
1092 Sarnia Road ( just east of Hyde Park Rd.)

Nearest Town
London

Province
Ont.

Phone Numbers
519 471 3707

Email

Web Site

Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm

Sat 8am-4pm

Type of Business
Retail lumber and millwork

Stock carried
Softwood, Hardwood, Plywood ( cabinet & Baltic Birch)

Specialty

Comments
They were at the London Woodshow

Name of Business B C W
Contact Name

Street Address
84 Blossom Ave

Nearest Town
Brantford

Province
Ontario

Phone Numbers
519-753-2052

Email

Web Site

Hours of Operation
8.30-3.30 Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat

Type of Business
Wholesale Priced Lumber

Stock carried
Oaks, Cherry, Ash, Pine, Butternut, Walnut, Beech, Birch, oak and
Birch Plywood (not particle board)

Specialty

Comments
Summer and Saturday hours may vary. Call ahead for stock availability

Jeffo

A little more pricey than A&M, two blocks from the Lee Valley in Burlington:

Exotic Woods
2483 Industrial St.,
Burlington, Ontario Canada L7P 1A6
Phone: (905) 335-8066 Fax: (905) 335-7080
http://www.exotic-woods.com/index.html

My first stop. A good selection of domestics, some imports (e.g. Purple
Heart, Lace Wood), turning blanks, Baltic Birch ply.

McQueen Custom Cuts
473 Netherby Rd
Welland, ON
905-714-9350
877-480-1628
http://www.mcqueenlumber.on.ca/index.htm

Can't find the link, this guy sounds good:

the Wood Shed
905-957-3933
Beamsville area

HTH,
jeffo

any good spots in the GTA for hardwoods, exotics?TIA