Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default Web Page Has a New look

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

stoutman (in ) said:

| Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

frigg'en feedback

On page one: It really doesn't /look/ like a stepstool.

(If you have a graphics editor that can do gamma correction, you can
turn on the room lights.)

/frigg'en feedback

You do nice work.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
stoutman (in ) said:

| Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

frigg'en feedback

On page one: It really doesn't /look/ like a stepstool.

(If you have a graphics editor that can do gamma correction, you can
turn on the room lights.)

I have Adobe Photoshop and I adjusted it a smidge. Thanks.

/frigg'en feedback

You do nice work.

Thank you!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/solar.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

some frigg'en feedback...

--
Stoutman

Yep, looks good. I like the train table best. I also have a 3 year old
son. Trains are still very much a part of the fuel of a child's
imagination. We have a hard time just keeping the train on the table.
It tends to get scattered all over the play-room.

Hey, how about more pics of the shop? I guess I'm some sort of a perv,
I like to see the naked shop and all of the goodies behind the closed
doors.

Tom in KY, providing "frigg'en feedback" all over the place.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dgadams

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:39:40 +0000, wrote:

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

Nice site. Easy to navigate around. I particularly liked
the maple hall table.

DGA
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:39:40 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

I like the way you did the shop tour with hotspots around various areas.

On the ash bed, how did you put together the 4 x 4 posts?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone

In article , stoutman .@. wrote:

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

Say "please"...

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:39:40 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

I like the way you did the shop tour with hotspots around various areas.

Thank you.

On the ash bed, how did you put together the 4 x 4 posts?

The posts are made from solid ash (no lamination) and are connected with
M&T's within the foot board and head board. The head board is joined to
the foot via the long rails using detachable bed hardware from Rockler that
is mortised into the posts. So far it surpasses my expectations with
regards to sturdyness. It doesn't rock at all in any direction. It
probably contains the most wood of any of the projects I have built to date.
All of the rails are constructed of 5/4 ash. It is VERY heavy.

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"dgadams" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:39:40 +0000, wrote:

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

Nice site. Easy to navigate around. I particularly liked
the maple hall table.

Thank you. Which maple hall table are you refering to?

DGA

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

wrote in message
oups.com...
some frigg'en feedback...

--
Stoutman

Yep, looks good. I like the train table best. I also have a 3 year old
son. Trains are still very much a part of the fuel of a child's
imagination. We have a hard time just keeping the train on the table.
It tends to get scattered all over the play-room.

Thanks. Ours as well. I am tempted to glue the track down, but that
wouldn't be as fun.

Hey, how about more pics of the shop? I guess I'm some sort of a perv,
I like to see the naked shop and all of the goodies behind the closed
doors.

On the way.

Tom in KY, providing "frigg'en feedback" all over the place.

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Are you still working on your captains bed? I am looking forward to seeing
the finished product. The CAD drawing looked awesome.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Where's the dust collection?. Nice lookin' shop, otherwise. Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

"tom" wrote in message
ups.com...
Where's the dust collection?.

My lungs.

No dust collection yet. A bandsaw is on my next 'to purchase list'.
Followed by a dust collector.

Nice lookin' shop, otherwise. Tom

Thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 05:34:26 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:39:40 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

I like the way you did the shop tour with hotspots around various areas.

Thank you.

On the ash bed, how did you put together the 4 x 4 posts?

The posts are made from solid ash (no lamination) and are connected with
M&T's within the foot board and head board. The head board is joined to
the foot via the long rails using detachable bed hardware from Rockler that
is mortised into the posts. So far it surpasses my expectations with
regards to sturdyness. It doesn't rock at all in any direction. It
probably contains the most wood of any of the projects I have built to date.
All of the rails are constructed of 5/4 ash. It is VERY heavy.

That should hold up to years of abuse.

Are you still working on your captains bed? I am looking forward to seeing
the finished product. The CAD drawing looked awesome.

Still working on it, this is looking to be another year-long project.
I've had the past couple of weeks off, so I've had the opportunity to spend
some quality time in the shop on this project. I've got the base carcases
completed with the face frames and drawer dust skirts attached. I started
working the drawers this week; 14 drawers is a lot of drawers -- the raw
materials are taking quite a bit of time just to get dimensioned. I've
completed milling and glueing up the cherry drawer fronts and have started
milling the ash drawer sides and backs. My plan is to complete the base
carcases and drawers first, then work the head and footboards. In the back
of my mind I'm puzzling out how to put together the wide headboard posts
and be able to get the curves cut and a fine finish cut on the wide side of
the posts.

Posted to rec.woodworking
John B

stoutman wrote:
Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

Just what I like a web page to be. Informative, interesting and simple.
No flashy hoo haas.
BTW. I like your furniture to.
The shop looks good as well, just too bloody clean. Does everybody clean
up prior to photos or am I (and Mac) the only ones that spend more
time making dust then cleaning it

regards
John
Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

Digital cameras need more light...Go to a camera store and
get yourself a "slave strobe" for about $20. This will fire
off your own flash and will allow you to light up your stuff
much better.

Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce T

------------------Frigg'en Feedback----------------------

Stick with the woodworking, pay somebody to do your web page.
(Written in a jocular tone as well!!) ;-)

------------------Frigg'en Feedback----------------------

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message ...
Check out my new webpage and give me some frigg'en feedback...

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm
(Featuring a NEW look)

Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

I don't think you even went to it. It wouldn't interest you anyway. It's
about woodworking not Iraq.

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
19.60.9.44.84

Don't get confused I've been here much longer then most of
you..........................

We all can't be experts like Leon and the likes!

If you weren't so full of your self you'd have known that a wounded Alaskan
Vet who just made it back from Iraq was a wood worker as his whole family
was. Just because they're soldiers don't assume they're not wood workers!

Iraq doesn't interest me it's the wasted
lives...................................

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message
I don't think you even went to it. It wouldn't interest you anyway. It's
about woodworking not Iraq.

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

stoutman wrote:
I don't think you even went to it. It wouldn't interest you anyway. It's
about woodworking not Iraq.

--
Stoutman
http://home.triad.rr.com/brianmeliss...ing_frames.htm

Good golly,

The body count dude made an appearance on your thread. Can you believe
it? Just to be snotty.

In all of his threads, he claims to be only on the defensive of his
campaign of off topic ramble. So, why is he here trying to derate your
website? I truly don't understand him. I thought I did at first. I know
a few vets who act similarly. But they usually get enough and go find a
corner and drink themselves into a comfortable coma.

Heh-heh, you didn't tick him off by replying to one of his threads, did
you? :-)

Tom in KY, staying the he** away from the lost cause.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe_Stein

I like your webpage, especially the use of thumbnail pics.
You do nice woodwork, something I can aspire to.
Here's my webpage...
http://members.tfproductions.com/joe...ein/page5.html