Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Default waxing a table saw plate?

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"bdeditch" wrote:

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Rumpty

Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in Johnson's
product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

R ;-)

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
"bdeditch" wrote:

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tyke

Slipit (www.slipit.com) and Boeshield are two products for this purpose.
Slippett is a white wax looking product which contains no silicone.

Boeshield is a spray on.

Both are effective at preventing rust. Slipit is perhaps more slippery.

Dave Paine.

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...
What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Latcha

A simple Google search of "johnson paste wax" gives
http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/
as the first result.

No, it has NOT been discontinued.
Neither years ago nor now.

Michael Latcha, at home in Redford, MI

newsVcpf.148$JP1.139@trndny03...

"bdeditch" wrote:

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Rumpty" wrote in message
newsVcpf.148$JP1.139@trndny03...
Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in Johnson's
product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

Imagine my surprise last week when I saw the Johnson's paste wax at my local
3 year old Lowe's.
I actually have seen it quite a few times in the last few months in the
Houston area in different stores.

Go here and you will find that in the U.S. you can still buy the product.
http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

"Rumpty" wrote in message
newsVcpf.148$JP1.139@trndny03...
: Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change
in Johnson's
: product line has been supported countless times here on the
wreck.
:
: R ;-)
:
:
: "bdeditch" wrote:
:
: What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your
table saw
: plate nice and slippery?
:
:
:
: Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.
:
:
Nope, not so. You can buy it all over the place here. Got some
last weekend in fact.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Rumpty" wrote in message
newsVcpf.148$JP1.139@trndny03...
Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in Johnson's
product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

R ;-)

Actually, is your tongue in your cheek? LOL Flame ON.

Posted to rec.woodworking
SBO

I use "Top Saver" #GC-010 by General international (25$ can.). It is a rust
remover and lubricant combined in the same product.

S.B.

"bdeditch" a écrit dans le message de news:
What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy

Didn't we just have this Johnson's Wax discussion about 10 days ago in a separate thread? All y'all
keep this up and I'll upload another episode of Fibber McGee and Molly, perhaps with a Christmas
theme instead of woodworking this time.

Regards,
Roy

"bdeditch" wrote:

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

"bdeditch" wrote:

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Paste wax. Johnson's. Yellow tin with red stripe at Lowes.

Johnson's paste wax is currently found in many stores. Stick with what
you know--RAS's.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

On 17 Dec 2005 23:35:35 -0800, "bdeditch" wrote:

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Are you talking about the table insert or table or both? The first
thing I do is sand all the paint off the insert. The paint is put on
by the manufacturer to indicated a danger area, but it will gum up
over time from the resin in the wood. then it will either streak your
fine hardwood or at the very least create a variable viscosity surface
which is exactly what you don't want on the feed surface of a saw.

In my opinion it doesn't matter as much how much resistance the feed
has (how slippery) as long as it is consistent throughout and you
don't hit areas that have more or less drag. That is a dangerous
condition.

Any table top wax that does not have silicone will do. I use Empire,
but have used many others.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

This is not true. It was a rumer that got out of hand. Jhonson's paste wax
is still made and sold, though they did qit selling it in Canada.

"Rumpty" wrote in message
newsVcpf.148$JP1.139@trndny03...
Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in Johnson's
product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

Posted to rec.woodworking
JJ

Tyke wrote:
Slipit (www.slipit.com) and Boeshield are two products for this purpose.
Slippett is a white wax looking product which contains no silicone.

Boeshield is a spray on.

Both are effective at preventing rust. Slipit is perhaps more slippery.

Dave Paine.

"bdeditch" wrote in message
oups.com...

What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

I use SLIPIT as well.

-jj

--
Remove BOB to email me
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Rumpty wrote:

Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in Johnson's
product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

One more time: It's been discontinued in Canada, not in the U.S..

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Posted to rec.woodworking
Owen Lawrence

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
Rumpty wrote:

Johnsons paste wax was discontined years ago, and this change in
Johnson's
product line has been supported countless times here on the wreck.

One more time: It's been discontinued in Canada, not in the U.S..

--
It's turtles, all the way down

No foolin' you, eh?

- Owen -

Posted to rec.woodworking
MB

BTW, Topcote is very good.

Mitch
bdeditch wrote:
What do you more experinced woodworkers use for keeping your table saw
plate nice and slippery?

Posted to rec.woodworking
bdeditch

Well thanks for all of the advise. I am going to try find some Johnsons
paste wax, providing they haven't outlawed it here in california.
Thanks to all of the experinced woodworkers our there.
Barry in Northern CA

Posted to rec.woodworking
nospambob

I searched in Oxnard & Ventura on So Calif coast but couldn't find
Johnson's wax. Went to central valley and found some in an
independent hardware in Madera. A Do-It-Right franchise opened in
Oxnard and they have it on the shelf. Neither HD nor Lowe's had it
despite some posts saying they found it in their locale in both big
boxes.

On 18 Dec 2005 18:05:43 -0800, "bdeditch" wrote:

Well thanks for all of the advise. I am going to try find some Johnsons
paste wax, providing they haven't outlawed it here in california.
Thanks to all of the experinced woodworkers our there.
Barry in Northern CA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

bdeditch wrote:

Well thanks for all of the advise. I am going to try find some
Johnsons paste wax, providing they haven't outlawed it here in
california. Thanks to all of the experinced woodworkers our there.
Barry in Northern CA

If you can't find it, look for Trewax - that's what I use.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Table Slides For Three Leaf Expanding Dining Table Alan Smithee Woodworking 13 October 28th 05 01:42 PM
Alignment Problems: Veritas Router Base Plate / Table Insert Jay Pique Woodworking 3 September 23rd 05 12:54 AM
Router lift and plate for building my table mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net Woodworking 7 August 19th 05 01:44 AM
router table setup Lewis Woodworking 6 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
Impressions/Review of Craftsman Professional Table Saw Lars Stole Woodworking 27 October 24th 04 09:27 AM