Posted to rec.woodworking
THOMAS CLEVELAND

Default Craftsman 10 inch bench bandsaw

I am thinking of purchasing this 10 inch bench bandsaw, as this looks as
if it will fill my needs and fit into my micro mini workshop, however
there is one possible draw back, it takes 70 1/2 saw blades and I have
not found a source of supply, any ideas or comments ??

Cheers,
Thomas Cleveland

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 12/8/2005 6:20 AM THOMAS CLEVELAND mumbled something about the following:
I am thinking of purchasing this 10 inch bench bandsaw, as this looks as
if it will fill my needs and fit into my micro mini workshop, however
there is one possible draw back, it takes 70 1/2 saw blades and I have
not found a source of supply, any ideas or comments ??

Cheers,
Thomas Cleveland

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

Most places that sell bandsaw blades will allow you to order any length
of blade, they just cut to length and weld all blades normally, so a
non-standard length isn't any different than their normal process.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

I agree - I have a 10" bandsaw now, and a 14" wouldn't take up much
more space in my tiny shop, wouldn't have been that much more
expensive, and it would be useful for a lot more things. The 10" is
workable, though.
If you really want the Craftsman 10" (and it looks like a pretty good
deal at $129 on the website), you'll want to get good blades (i.e.
timberwolf, from www.suffolkmachinery.com), and they are all made to
order any size you want. Call them up, tell them what you'll be using
it for, and they'll recommend what types of blades to get. When I
ordered from them, they had a buy 3 get 1 free deal.
Andy