Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

Default Craftsman 10 inch bench bandsaw

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 06:20:14 -0500, (THOMAS
CLEVELAND) wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing this 10 inch bench bandsaw, as this looks as
if it will fill my needs and fit into my micro mini workshop, however
there is one possible draw back, it takes 70 1/2 saw blades and I have
not found a source of supply, any ideas or comments ??

Consider getting a *good* jig saw instead. Similar max depth of cut,
no width restrictions, and as small as you can get. The Bosch seems
to get high marks in this group.

If you really feel a bandsaw would be better for you, i'd highly
recommend going to at least the 12" craftsman, or the standard 14"
from somewhere else. I've had a 9" ryobi that has served me well, but
if you can afford it you definitely want something with more power and
throat depth. A huge increase in utility for a small increase in
footprint. Put it on a rolling cabinet and make good use of the space
under it.

If it's going to be a workhorse for you, get a serious saw. If it's
not then figure out how to do without it.

-Leuf