Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

Default Some stuff is just worth the price...

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
About a week ago, my dishwasher overflowed. The water sought a pipe
hole, which just happened to be right over the DJ-20 in my basement
shop. As soon as I realized that the jointer was soaked, I
disconnected the power, toweled it off, and fogged it with an aerosol
water displacer / lube called Boeshield I recently purchased. I

Had the Christmas tree, which I was FORBIDDEN TO TOUCH (wife and kid's role
ya' know) fall over last year. The water ran down into my shop... got the
hollow chisel mortiser and the DJ-20. I've had the DJ-20 well waxed with
Johnson's, repeatedly over time, but the hollow chisel mortiser only had a
light coat. When I saw the water I soaked the tools down with WD40... DJ-20
came out fine but the table on the mortiser has some dark areas... BTW, at
that point my wife agreed that we don't do live trees any more! ;~)

Hmmm, is two data points enough to write a law, paraphrased from the one
about "level," that states that "water finds the DJ-20?"

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message

Hmmm, is two data points enough to write a law, paraphrased from the one
about "level," that states that "water finds the DJ-20?"

Not necessary, it's already covered by Murphy's.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders

I have been looking for a used DJ-20. I wonder if I could find one
with a dowsing rod based on your senario??

Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

eganders wrote:
I have been looking for a used DJ-20. I wonder if I could find one
with a dowsing rod based on your senario??

I've decided to seek surplus space capsule flotation collars from the
Apollo space program. I could mount one to the base of each tool, with
a water activated trigger. Upon contact with water, the collars would
self inflate, drop the DC & power connection, and the tool will float free.

I could get really fancy and add an EPRIB, so I could find it later.

Picture this:
http://www.uscg.mil/datasheet/images/HH-60.jpg, but with stationary
tools being hoisted to safety!

Barry
Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

"eganders" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been looking for a used DJ-20. I wonder if I could find one
with a dowsing rod based on your senario??

If my law "water finds the DJ-20" is true dowsing would work just fine...
How about testing the law and see if it proofs out for me?

Thanks,

John