Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin

Default Some stuff is just worth the price...

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
About a week ago, my dishwasher overflowed. The water sought a pipe
hole, which just happened to be right over the DJ-20 in my basement
shop. As soon as I realized that the jointer was soaked, I
disconnected the power, toweled it off, and fogged it with an aerosol
water displacer / lube called Boeshield I recently purchased. I

Had the Christmas tree, which I was FORBIDDEN TO TOUCH (wife and kid's role
ya' know) fall over last year. The water ran down into my shop... got the
hollow chisel mortiser and the DJ-20. I've had the DJ-20 well waxed with
Johnson's, repeatedly over time, but the hollow chisel mortiser only had a
light coat. When I saw the water I soaked the tools down with WD40... DJ-20
came out fine but the table on the mortiser has some dark areas... BTW, at
that point my wife agreed that we don't do live trees any more! ;~)

Hmmm, is two data points enough to write a law, paraphrased from the one
about "level," that states that "water finds the DJ-20?"

John