Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default Moderated group thought.

Wanda Pangborn (in
ws.net) said:

snipped

Wanda unknowingly struck a nerve, it would seem.

Ed ) couldn't resist the N word and Tom Watson
) properly invoked Godwin's Law.

If you're not familiar with Godwin's Law, you can learn about it by
doing a Google search. It's hardly enforcable; but continuing to post
to a thread in which Godwin's Law has been properly invoked is
generally regarded as (at best) the behavior of an emotionally
out-of-control troll.

G'day.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:41:31 -0500, E Allen's ghost wrote:
On 17 Nov 2005 20:42:43 GMT, Dave Hinz , wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:27:13 -0500, E Allen's ghost wrote:
On 17 Nov 2005 00:40:28 +0800, "JLD"
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa****@********pussy ****.com, wrote:

Go away Wanda. Vito tried to moderate this group last year and it
failed.

So you don't want to be censored, but you don't mind censoring her?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means.

I don't think moderating this or any other group is censoring anyone,
if that's what you mean.

Then your bringing up of the term in this context is confusing to me.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:59:38 -0600, Morris Dovey wrote:

If you're not familiar with Godwin's Law, you can learn about it by
doing a Google search. It's hardly enforcable; but continuing to post
to a thread in which Godwin's Law has been properly invoked is
generally regarded as (at best) the behavior of an emotionally
out-of-control troll.

Well, the question was asked if the thread had been godwin'd, and unless
the definition has changed, I don't think it has. I may have missed a
post or ten, because my killfiles are robust and well-rounded...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

On 17 Nov 2005 19:59:02 +0100, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

How was that a "CYBER-THREAT"? Dingley knows what I'm talking about, and
so does his soul. I'm talking about his fate in the NEXT LIFE. He's a
real swine.

You don't really _get_ this Christian thing, do you ?

My best friend Ernie told me all about this little stunt of his.

I thought it was Bert ? Anyway, it was Big Bird who I told first.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

wrote in message
oups.com...
I hope you're pleased with yourself Wanda. There we were, all quiet and
peaceful, and then YOU pipe up and whisper "Psst. Moderate?" and then
all freakin hell breaks loose.

I just hope you're satisfied with all the damage you've caused. Just
LOOK what you've done. My, my, MY. Your friends over at plus-sized
communist agitators must be pret-ty proud of you.

You sound like the doofus that posts anonymously about the deaths in Iraq.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

You're a dishonest human being, Dingley. I CHALLENGE you to find a quote
where I supposedly proposed moderation to THIS GROUP. You WON'T do it and
you CAN'T do it because it never happened. Either you'll brush me off and
ignore this challenge or you'll be a man and either "PROVE ME WRONG" or
retract your lie. Character assassination won't get you anywhere in this
life. All it does is add extra miles between your soul the Kingdom of the
Lord, and I reckon a liar like you is already pretty far off the mark.

SNORE....

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:20:41 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

SNORE....

Hey! This is my immortal soul Vito is condemning here - pay attention!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal

"Wanda Pangborn" writes:

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:11:03 -0500, "Wanda Pangborn"
wrote:

Why don't you guys moderate your group?

1) Because moderation isn't a good idea

I'm seeing about 50/50 on that opinion.

Statistically meaningless. Most of the people who care are staying
far, far, far away from this thread. Anyone with any sense of
individuality would stay away from a thread entitled "moderated group thought".

I doubt you'll find one long-term contributor in favor of moderation.

I'm sorry to hear that. It figures I would put my foot in my mouth the first
time here. I was just trying to be helpful.

? Why would you even consider such a proposal your "first time here"?

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

wrote:

SNORE....

Hey! This is my immortal soul Vito is condemning here - pay attention!

Does frito really have that power?

I'm askeered.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:59:38 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

Wanda Pangborn (in
ews.net) said:

snipped

Wanda unknowingly struck a nerve, it would seem.

Ed ) couldn't resist the N word and Tom Watson
) properly invoked Godwin's Law.

For the record, I believe I did it at 0216. TW didn't come around
until 0313.

If you're not familiar with Godwin's Law, you can learn about it by
doing a Google search. It's hardly enforcable; but continuing to post
to a thread in which Godwin's Law has been properly invoked is
generally regarded as (at best) the behavior of an emotionally
out-of-control troll.

I hope my doing so hasn't rendered both of us as emotionally
out-of-control trolls.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:58:58 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

Suddenly it occurred to me that if he had come back to life, technically
he might have been a zombie.

Well _someone_ has been eating Vito's brains
Posted to rec.woodworking
Daedalus

Default Nomination - Vito Kuhn, you have been trolled!

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 03:03:47 +0000, Andy Dingley
, wrote:

On 18 Nov 2005 02:48:36 GMT, "Sean Monaghan"
wrote:

I hereby nominate Vito Kuhn for the Bob Allisat Hook, Line and Sinker
award - to commemorate the extreme gullibility Frito displayed
throughout the course of this troll.

Hey goddamnit! That's _my_ award
(with an honourable mention to Dave Hinz)

Vito is just a k00k on a hair-trigger. But I fell for it, hook, line and
billy-goat-gruff and played straight man to you and "Wanda".
Congratulations, score one to the trollpit.

Now why don't you just **** right off and get yourself a life? Don't
they have beer in your trailerpark? Girls? Sheep? Spend the rest of
your teenage years doing something properly reprobate, not just being an
arse.

I *heart* you, Andy.

Jade

Posted to rec.woodworking,soc.men,alt.usenet.kooks
Daedalus

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:49:26 -0800, Bob Officer
, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:11:03 -0500, in rec.woodworking, "Wanda Pangborn"
wrote:

HA!

Wanda do you have a little brother named Kenny?

Well everyone that knows him calls him a little prick...

But then BW like you everyone else would be little...

That wasn't a very nice thing to say to my sockpuppet.

*wink*

Jade

Posted to rec.woodworking,soc.men,alt.usenet.kooks
Tom Watson

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:12:56 -0500, Daedalus wrote:

That wasn't a very nice thing to say to my sockpuppet.

*wink*

Jade

How did we ever wind up with someone named Dildolous?

I understand that he attempts the spelling of Daedelaus - but that
being was a master artificer, Confuser of Theseus, Father of the
unfortunate Icarus. Known for his failure in both his progeny and his
meandering. A failure both in myth and reality.

The root of the Greek is best expressed as the core of the Latin.

Punk.

"People funny."

"Life a funny thing."

Sonny Liston

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

I've been seeing this thread subject for quite a few days and for
the life of me can't figure out how you'd moderate group thought.

--
Chris Richmond | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa