Charlie Self

Default Finally did it

I've been talking up--writing up?--a web site for a couple years now.

Iput mine up last night, and have almost continually been modifying it.
Not satisified yet, but for the price, it's right (free program, under
10 bucks a month hosting, free domain name).

Nothing for sale there, yet...unless you want car photos or are a
magazine editor.

www.charlieselfonline.com

Greg G.

Charlie Self said:

I've been talking up--writing up?--a web site for a couple years now.

Iput mine up last night, and have almost continually been modifying it.
Not satisified yet, but for the price, it's right (free program, under
10 bucks a month hosting, free domain name).

Nothing for sale there, yet...unless you want car photos or are a
magazine editor.

www.charlieselfonline.com

Whoa! I didn't know I was in the presence of greatness.
I _thought_ there was something familiar about that name.
Why isn't your ugly mug in there somewhere?

Nice cars? Do you loan them out to woodworking buds? ;-)

Enjoy your site! I have one, but hardly have time to update it.
Look forward to seeing the woodworking page.

Greg G.
Robatoy

In article . com,
"Charlie Self" wrote:

I've been talking up--writing up?--a web site for a couple years now.

Iput mine up last night, and have almost continually been modifying it.
Not satisified yet, but for the price, it's right (free program, under
10 bucks a month hosting, free domain name).

Nothing for sale there, yet...unless you want car photos or are a
magazine editor.

www.charlieselfonline.com

Those web sites can be a real time sink. Mine gets worked on all the time.
I'm rather proud of it though.
http://www.topworks.ca/

Today, I'm dropping in the largest island top ever made in one piece.
I'll be taking pictures.

Robatoy

Default Finally did it (addendum)

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

Today, I'm dropping in the largest island top ever made in one piece.
I'll be taking pictures.

Should read: largest island top *I*, or *my company* ever had made in one piece.
I do not fabricate my own granite.

Charlie Self

Greg G. wrote:
Charlie Self said:

I've been talking up--writing up?--a web site for a couple years now.

Iput mine up last night, and have almost continually been modifying it.
Not satisified yet, but for the price, it's right (free program, under
10 bucks a month hosting, free domain name).

Nothing for sale there, yet...unless you want car photos or are a
magazine editor.

www.charlieselfonline.com

Whoa! I didn't know I was in the presence of greatness.
I _thought_ there was something familiar about that name.
Why isn't your ugly mug in there somewhere?

Nice cars? Do you loan them out to woodworking buds? ;-)

Enjoy your site! I have one, but hardly have time to update it.
Look forward to seeing the woodworking page.

Nice cars, for sure. I can't even afford a headlight on the TC and it's
one of the lowest cost there. I started to say cheap, but I saw one
auctioned for 35K the other day. The 1934 Jag SS1...god alone knows
what that is worth, but you can believe I was very, very careful when
shooting it.

Lee Michaels

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

Today, I'm dropping in the largest island top ever made in one piece.
I'll be taking pictures.

Should read: largest island top *I*, or *my company* ever had made in one
piece.
I do not fabricate my own granite.

Don't sell yourself short.

With the proper, HUGE hydraulic press and enough material, I am sure you can
fabricate some granite if you wanted to.

Charlie Self

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

Today, I'm dropping in the largest island top ever made in one piece.
I'll be taking pictures.

Should read: largest island top *I*, or *my company* ever had made in one
piece.
I do not fabricate my own granite.

Don't sell yourself short.

With the proper, HUGE hydraulic press and enough material, I am sure you can
fabricate some granite if you wanted to.

Granite is SO last year. This year, fabricators are working with
quartz.

Personally, I've got to put in about 16' of countertop shortly, and I'm
going with what I can afford, $100 worth of post formed Formica (or
Wilsonart).

Upscale

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Granite is SO last year. This year, fabricators are working with
quartz.

Aren't you the fashion guru.

Personally, I've got to put in about 16' of countertop shortly, and I'm
going with what I can afford, $100 worth of post formed Formica (or
Wilsonart).

It will cost quite a bit more, (but definitely cheaper than granite), when
the time comes the island I'll build will have something along the lines of
an 8' maple laminated countertop. Got some incentives from one of Norm's New
Yankee a few months back. Haven't quite decided what I'll use for
countertops lining the walls though. Maybe Formica too if it looks suitable
and not cheap.

Greg G.

Charlie Self said:

Granite is SO last year. This year, fabricators are working with
quartz.

OK, Martha. Quite the girly man, eh? g

But a better question might be - How is it going to look in, say, 10
or 15 years? Like those pink and turquoise bathrooms...

But by the same token, if you hold onto it long enough, that style
will eventually revolve around again into popularity. At least that's
what I'm hoping - you see, I have these shirts....

Personally, I've got to put in about 16' of countertop shortly, and I'm
going with what I can afford, $100 worth of post formed Formica (or
Wilsonart).

LMAO - Same here...

Greg G.

Charlie Self

Greg G. wrote:
Charlie Self said:

Granite is SO last year. This year, fabricators are working with
quartz.

OK, Martha. Quite the girly man, eh? g

But a better question might be - How is it going to look in, say, 10
or 15 years? Like those pink and turquoise bathrooms...

But by the same token, if you hold onto it long enough, that style
will eventually revolve around again into popularity. At least that's
what I'm hoping - you see, I have these shirts....

Personally, I've got to put in about 16' of countertop shortly, and I'm
going with what I can afford, $100 worth of post formed Formica (or
Wilsonart).

LMAO - Same here...

Funny think. The cheap top has been in here since the house was built
in '62, when it was pretty much the hot set up. 43 years. It has looked
awful for about the last 7-8 years, but is still cleanable. So, given
the size of the house and our current life expectancy, I am going with
a cost of $100, versus about $100 a foot. We'll spend the remaining
$1500 on something, I'm sure. Next year is window and siding year, so
maybe there.

Finally found one! John Anderson Woodworking 26 May 25th 05 11:52 PM
Gloat: Finally figured out my planes Tattooed and Dusty Woodworking 2 February 3rd 05 09:57 PM
Move finally complete MM UK diy 15 December 28th 04 09:58 PM
Finally, a home to call my own... Samiel Home Ownership 2 December 15th 04 08:00 PM