Default Limited Edition 2.7 hp Craftsman table saw

I was given a Limited Edition 2.7 hp Craftsman table saw in the box.
Before opening it I wondered if anyone has had experience with this
particular saw? Why did they call it Limited edition? I checked at
Sears and the sales person did not know anything about it. When did
they sell these and at what price? I don't have an older catalog to
look up the description or price for 9-24825. Thx in advance.

leonard

hi
it was probably sold during christmas and has some special accessories Like
th 1/16 of a horse power motor that explodes at 2.7 hp(so it a max hp
is2.7hp) it may have a stand of a special color that makes it cut better you
the usual craftsman stuff.

good luck

Len

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was given a Limited Edition 2.7 hp Craftsman table saw in the box.
Before opening it I wondered if anyone has had experience with this
particular saw? Why did they call it Limited edition? I checked at
Sears and the sales person did not know anything about it. When did
they sell these and at what price? I don't have an older catalog to
look up the description or price for 9-24825. Thx in advance.

Sounds like the first saw that I had. While not the best, I did make some
nice projects with it. The table size is restrictive as it is smaller than
a full sized contractors saw. Direct drive, it is a bit noisy.

The limited part was just a sales deal at a lower price.

Rod Dahl

Well put, Len!

booger

Suggestion: eBay it and put the money you get from it in piggy bank until
you have enough saved up for a better saw.

I too was given one awhile back, because the now ex-girlfriend thought the
old cast iron top Crapsman I bought second hand a few years ago was too old.
I've used the new one for some ripping jobs, but thats about it. I still
use my old one for most of my work, due to the crappy miter gauge / track in
the new one.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was given a Limited Edition 2.7 hp Craftsman table saw in the box.
Before opening it I wondered if anyone has had experience with this
particular saw? Why did they call it Limited edition? I checked at
Sears and the sales person did not know anything about it. When did
they sell these and at what price? I don't have an older catalog to
look up the description or price for 9-24825. Thx in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to siggahoohay, idaho wrote:
When did they sell these

I have one still in the box, it `belonged to my brother in law. The box says
April 2000.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/woodwor...saw-52655-.htm

Craftsman table saw Woodworking 16 July 29th 04 04:16 PM
Old Craftsman Table Saw Motor Magnusfarce Home Repair 15 January 2nd 04 07:49 PM
craftsman table saw decent? LRod Woodworking 40 January 2nd 04 06:56 PM
Jet table saw table out of tolerance Bob Davis Woodworking 3 October 21st 03 05:54 PM
Building an extension table. Rich Woodworking 2 July 18th 03 12:11 AM