Default Craftsman table saw

Craftsman came out with a new 10" cabinet style( really not a cabinet saw)
that retails fo $950. It has a Biesemeyer fence and 4" dust collection port.
Does anyone know anything about this new saw?
Thanks

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:28:20 GMT, wrote:

Craftsman came out with a new 10" cabinet style( really not a cabinet saw)
that retails fo $950. It has a Biesemeyer fence and 4" dust collection port.
Does anyone know anything about this new saw?
Thanks

it's been talked about quite a bit here.

http://tinyurl.com/3eoxm
RonB

For the money you are talking about take a look at the Grizzly 1023 series
machines. They ARE cabinet saws and have a pretty good reputation with both
home and professional users. A basic 1023S with shipping will probably run
you a little less than $900 with 3hp motor and a nice ShopFox Classic fence
(Beismeier look alike). I have had one for two years and love it. Grizzly
will also provide names and phone numbers of up to two customers in your
area for references on a similar machine.

I used to buy Craftsman any time I needed a tool. Don't any more.

Ron

wrote in message
m...
Craftsman came out with a new 10" cabinet style( really not a cabinet saw)
that retails fo $950. It has a Biesemeyer fence and 4" dust collection

port.
Does anyone know anything about this new saw?
Thanks

Wm Gardner

There have been a few posts out here recently, including some from
Charlie Self whom I believe to be writing a review on that model.
All-in-all everyone has had good things to say. If these posts are no
longer on your news server you may want to try doing a Google
search.......

Hope it helps,
Bill

--

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

wrote in message
m...
Craftsman came out with a new 10" cabinet style( really not a cabinet

saw)
that retails fo $950. It has a Biesemeyer fence and 4" dust collection

port.
Does anyone know anything about this new saw?
Thanks

mgbgt

After reading all of the post here about the new craftman saws, I was in
the area of the closest Sears store so I stopped to check them out and was
fairly impressed with what I saw, so guess what follwed me home. Boy was I
impressed with the packing, the whole saw came encased in a 1" square steel
cage that was inside the cardboard packing. There is no way short of
dropping it off of the back of a semi that one would be damaged. I have yet
to put it together but it is setting in the work shop and ready to be
assembled. I will post anything that is abnormal during the assembly and
setup/tuning process.

Don

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

mgbgt wrote:
After reading all of the post here about the new craftman saws, I was in
the area of the closest Sears store so I stopped to check them out and was
fairly impressed with what I saw, so guess what follwed me home. Boy was I
impressed with the packing, the whole saw came encased in a 1" square steel
cage that was inside the cardboard packing. There is no way short of
dropping it off of the back of a semi that one would be damaged. I have yet
to put it together but it is setting in the work shop and ready to be
assembled. I will post anything that is abnormal during the assembly and
setup/tuning process.

Have fun. I've always found setting up tools to be a PITA. Kind of a love-hate
thing...

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

mrmortise

Hey Don,
Congrats on the new saw! I bought mine about a month ago and love
it. Did you get the 922124 with the beismeyer fence?
mgbgt

No, I bought the next one down simply because I have a new Vega fence I had
just installed on my old saw that will be relocated to the new one. I
figured there wasn't any need to spend the extra money when a already had a
real good fence at home.

"mrmortise" wrote in message
om...
Hey Don,
Congrats on the new saw! I bought mine about a month ago and love
it. Did you get the 922124 with the beismeyer fence?

David Cannaday

got the Craftsman Club flyer last week, runs 7-31 to 8-8. has the saw you
mentioned with the Biesemeyer commercial fence in it, sale price 899.99 less
10% makes it 809.99

Good luck. David.

wrote in message
m...
Craftsman came out with a new 10" cabinet style( really not a cabinet saw)
that retails fo $950. It has a Biesemeyer fence and 4" dust collection

port.
Does anyone know anything about this new saw?
Thanks

mrmortise

"David Cannaday" wrote in message ...
got the Craftsman Club flyer last week, runs 7-31 to 8-8. has the saw you
mentioned with the Biesemeyer commercial fence in it, sale price 899.99 less
10% makes it 809.99

Good luck. David.

Hi David,
Yes you are right about the Craftsman Club savings being a real
sweet deal! Somehow, I was in the right place at the right time cause
I was offered an additional 10% off if I bought by noon that day. I
had about a half hour to think about it. Actually , it took me about
five minutes to recognize a good buy when I see one! . It was the
first day they had the trio of new saws on display and an enthusiastic
sales staff. So, I walked away with the Top O'the Line model for $760
with free delivery in the end! I know it's a gloat, but I couldn't
pass on that deal! Maybe a little haggling can net some of you a
bargain as well. All in all, I am very happy with the saw and I would
recommend it to anyone. Craftsman did a nice job on this model for
sure! I am still looking for who actually manufactures this saw.
Anybody know yet? Am interested in others experiences with it as well!
Michael

Charlie Self

pluckman asks:

All in all, I am very happy with the saw and I would
recommend it to anyone. Craftsman did a nice job on this model for
sure! I am still looking for who actually manufactures this saw.
Anybody know yet? Am interested in others experiences with it as well!

Orion.

Charlie Self
"Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

Charlie Self

bridger asks:

These guys?
http://www.orionmach.net/

I don't know. The address I have is in Pittsburgh. That doesn't mean
Napierville is out, though. Could be in two places.

I'll try to check when time permits.

Charlie Self
"Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

mrmortise

These guys?
http://www.orionmach.net/

I don't know. The address I have is in Pittsburgh. That doesn't mean
Napierville is out, though. Could be in two places.

Thanks Charlie,
You say Orion designed the saw and has it built in China?
Wonder what city? Orion is a new name to myself. I admit my ignorance,
but what's their claim to fame?
Michael
Charlie Self

pluckman asks:

Thanks Charlie,
You say Orion designed the saw and has it built in China?
Wonder what city? Orion is a new name to myself. I admit my ignorance,
but what's their claim to fame?

Without going to far into speculation, and based primarily on a single evening
conversation, Orion is a bunch of guys formerly with, IIRC, Emerson and Delta,
who decided to see what changes they could make to improve tools in order to
sell tools. Fairly new company--under five years? A strong tendency for all of
them to run out of business cards, or forget to carry them, which is a
characteristic of the entire blinking industry, IME.

From the evidence of the Craftsman saw, I'd have to say they've succeeded in
making some major changes, almost all of which are improvements.

Charlie Self
"Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

George

They only make belt-driven saws?

"mrmortise" wrote in message
om...
You say Orion designed the saw and has it built in China?
Wonder what city? Orion is a new name to myself. I admit my ignorance,
but what's their claim to fame?

Charlie Self

George responds:

They only make belt-driven saws?

"mrmortise" wrote in message
. com...
You say Orion designed the saw and has it built in China?
Wonder what city? Orion is a new name to myself. I admit my ignorance,
but what's their claim to fame?

Oh, that hurts!