Al A.

Default Milwaukee comes through!

You all may recall a post I made last week concerning a refused
warranty repair on a Milwaukee worm drive saw. Well I am most happy
(and relieved) to report that I recieved a call from the regional
service guy that I had voiced mailed last week telling me that he was
authorizing the repair under warranty.

He indicated that he had not seen the saw himself, but felt from my
description of the issue (pretty much what I posted here), that I did
not appear to be trying to get something for nothing, and on that
basis alone, was authorizing the repair.

I thanked him profusely, for:
A) returning my call
and
B) not assuming that I was trying to rip them off with a bogus repair
claim. ( I was not)

I am happy and relieved with that, not just because they are fixing
the saw for free, though that is nice, but more so because I was able
to reach a human who put me on to somebody who could make a decision,
all with one phone call. Pretty rare nowadays. And very glad that a
venerable operation like Milwaukee has not yet succumbed to some of
the "modern managment" theories that has seemed to afflict so many
other companies these days.

So credit where credit is due. Hurray for Milwaukee!!

Thanks for all of your input.

-AL A.

Duane Bozarth

"Al A." wrote:

So credit where credit is due. Hurray for Milwaukee!!

Go Big Red!

Thanks for the followup.
Robatoy

[snipped good new for brevity]

Thanks for all of your input.

-AL A.

My shop is predominantly Milwaukee red. The bulk of my power tools are
Milwaukee. I always had good luck with their equipment.
In 30 years, I never had to test their warranty. I have rebuilt a couple
of their pieces, like their monster belt sander, and the 1/2" close
quarters drill, but nothing has ever **** the bed calling for the
warranty.
I'm glad to hear all turned out well for you. It gives me even more
confidence in the product than I already had.

I will wholeheartedly recommend Milwaukee to anybody who wants to
listen. I'm absolutely pleased with that 5616 router. What a nice tool.

....all the usual caveats..yadda yadda
Al A.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:08:29 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

[snipped good new for brevity]

Thanks for all of your input.

-AL A.

My shop is predominantly Milwaukee red. The bulk of my power tools are
Milwaukee. I always had good luck with their equipment.
In 30 years, I never had to test their warranty. I have rebuilt a couple
of their pieces, like their monster belt sander, and the 1/2" close
quarters drill, but nothing has ever **** the bed calling for the
warranty.
I'm glad to hear all turned out well for you. It gives me even more
confidence in the product than I already had.

I will wholeheartedly recommend Milwaukee to anybody who wants to
listen. I'm absolutely pleased with that 5616 router. What a nice tool.

Same here. Like I said, it was refreshing just to speak with somebody
who is in this country. Like you, this is the first time in 25 or so
years that I have had occasion to utilize a warranty.

I have a friend that workd for many years in some of the heavy
industrial plants in and around Michagan. He always said that the
steelworkers always told him "If it dosen't say Milwaulkee on it, it
ain't really a drill..."

...all the usual caveats..yadda yadda