Joe Wilding

Default any thoughts on the 28V milwaukee tools?

I am getting ready to buy a new Milwaukee cordless drill. I have had a
dewalt for 10 years. I love it, but the batteries are finally starting to
die, and a new drill is about the same price as 2 new batteries. (I am
switching to milwaukee, becasue I have use a friends some, and think they
are even better than the dewalt.)

Anyway, I really like the 14.4 volt models instead of the lareger ones
because they are lighter and fit into tighter spaces. And, they are plenty
powerful for what I need to do.

However, I just saw the article in Populare woodworking on the new 28 volt
line of tools from milwaukee. They sound pretty good. They claim they are
lighter than the 18V line. They are not out yet though, and I am not finding
price info. The magazine article said the drill kit would sell for $233,
which is not much more than the $178 current price for the 14.4 volt kit
from amazon. One website I found with an advanced price listed it at over
$400 though. Does anyone have any better information?

I think I will probably still go with the 14.4V, but if the 28 is really
only $233, then that would be tempting.

Joe in Denver
my woodworking website:
http://www.the-wildings.com/shop/

Teamcasa

"Joe Wilding"
I am getting ready to buy a new Milwaukee cordless drill.

Snip
However, I just saw the article in Populare woodworking on the new 28 volt
line of tools from milwaukee. They sound pretty good. They claim they are
lighter than the 18V line. They are not out yet though, and I am not
finding price info. The magazine article said the drill kit would sell for
$233, which is not much more than the $178 current price for the 14.4 volt
kit from amazon. One website I found with an advanced price listed it at
over $400 though. Does anyone have any better information?

I think I will probably still go with the 14.4V, but if the 28 is really
only $233, then that would be tempting.

Joe,
I have a full set of the Milwaukee 18v tools, including the 3 bay charger
and radio.
The new 28v hammer drill kit is supposed to retail for $400 and change.
This is a kit with 2 batteries, case and charger. I think the whole set at
just over $800 is a bit much.

I love the 18v stuff and hope now the batteries will come down in price.
However, I intend to get the 24v circular saw when its available. I'll hold
off on the rest until they introduce a multi-bay charger system. That has
made a big difference in the performance of the 18v batteries. (I re-charge
frequently with a generator and the single units do not respond well to
varying frequencies and voltage changes.)

Dave
BYW - Thanks for the cradle plans - Very nice job, well written and
complete.

http://www.usenet.com
Tally Ho

I've had the whole lineup (Drill, circular saw, sawzall, band saw, impact
wrench) in my grubby paws. My opinion is that the drill "feels" similar to
the 18V tool. The primary benefit of the 28V drill is the ability to drill
significantly more hole per charge than anything else out there. If that's
not a consideration then you really don't need to spring for the $399.00
that they are fetching.

On the other hand the circular saw, band saw and impact wrench really take
advantage of the extra volts... they now honestly rival tools with tails in
performance.

There is a kit (0928-29) that includes the drill, circular saw and sawzall,
along with 2 batteries and a charger, and a 28V worklight that you should be
able to find for around $700.00

Steve P.

news:1111695926.1844c92e865a5bccc45b2fab3e242fa5@t eranews...