gepitto_

Default Looking for input on Incra T S fence system

Hey folks,
Have been searching for a real good fence system and a new T.S. . I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if anyone has any working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here is a link to the system I am interested in. TIA for any and all input.
http://www.woodpeck.com/tspk1.html
www

This review may help you:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/incrats3.htm

Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Veritas (LV) Medium Shoulder Plane
- Book: Scroll Saw Fundamentals
- Ryobi BT3100K Table Saw System
- Senco 41XP Finish Nailer (Review Update)
- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler
- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage

"gepitto_" wrote in message ...
Hey folks,
Have been searching for a real good fence system and a new T.S. . I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if anyone has any working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here is a link to the system I am interested in. TIA for any and all input.
http://www.woodpeck.com/tspk1.html

bob

I've got an older version of this setup and love it. The TS fence is rock
solid and has absolute dead on, repeatable accuracy every time. I love the
fine adjust screw for sneaking up on a cut. If you want to make a cut of 5
3/8" + .002, you can do it. The one downside is you cannot make any jigs
that fit over the fence and slide along it as the fence is "T" shaped.
However, there are T-slots in several places for jigs that use them.

The router fence is likewise as rock solid, accurate and tunable with a fine
adjust screw. On mine, the one thing I hate is you have to use an Incra
special screwdriver (it's actually a ball end hex wrench) to move the split
fence close to and away from the bit. Not a big deal except that loosening
the four screws to do this also affects the zeroing of the fences to each
other and you may screw that up and end up with a "jointer" effect - i.e.,
one fence shallower than the other.

You must locate your router table on the left wing and have the long base
arms to avoid removing the fence to move between sawing and routing
operations. I have my router on the right and have to remove the fence and
flip it around. That only takes about 30 seconds and does not require any
tools. It always reinstalls in exactly the same place for sawing so you
don't lose any calibration.

Bob

"gepitto_" wrote in message
Hey folks,
Have been searching for a real good fence system and a new T.S.
.. I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if anyone has any
working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here is a link to the system I
am interested in. TIA for any and all input.
http://www.woodpeck.com/tspk1.html

Leon

"gepitto_" wrote in message
Hey folks,
Have been searching for a real good fence system and a new T.S.
.. I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if anyone has any
working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here is a link to the system I
am interested in. TIA for any and all input.
http://www.woodpeck.com/tspk1.html

IMHO you can get just as good for a lot less. Think Beismeyer or a clone.
Also when shopping the Incra years ago I decided that the fence took up way
too much realestate in my shop, IIRC it takes up anadditional 2' in length
and when you want to remove it you need another large area to store it.

Morris Dovey

gepitto_ (in ) said:

| Hey folks,
| Have been searching for a real good fence system and a
| new T.S. . I spotted this Incra system and am looking to see if
| anyone has any working knowledge of this system, first hand. Here
| is a link to the system I am interested in. TIA for any and all
| input.
| http://www.woodpeck.com/tspk1.html

I have one and like it really well. If you follow the link below, then
"Simple Outfeed Table" or "Miscellaneous" links have some photos.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar